Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kicking Some Cycling Ass!!

Last night I decided I was going to cycle 20 miles. To make up for my few miles missed last week I had calculated that I needed to do at least 18 miles a day this week, my boyfriend Steve said why not make it 20 miles you can do 20 miles. The most I have ever cycled is 25 miles (on a road bike, not stationary) and while it was tough I knew I could do 20 miles. Well let me tell you, it was definitely a challenge. The first 10 miles were not too bad, the next 5 things were starting to get rough, the last 5 I really had to push through. It definitely was not easy, but I made myself finish those 20 miles and I'm so glad I did. It felt really good to know I had completed this goal I had set for myself.

Then this morning I log onto FitDay. I plug in that I had done 20.06 miles in 1 hour and 24 minutes and it said I burned 1,003 calories! That's just insane! I knew cycling burned a lot of calories, but 1,003 calories in just 1 hour and 24 minutes. That's definitely a motivator to continue on with the 20 miles. So far I'm not feeling too sore or anything, but by the end of the week I'm sure I will be feeling it. I'm hoping eventually to get myself to a point where I can do the 20 miles in an hour or if that ends up just being too crazy of a pace I'll just start increasing the intensity levels on the bike.

I made a good choice for breakfast this morning and opted for Raisin, Date, Walnut Oatmeal for just 140 calories. I wish I had some bananas or something but unfortunately my house is void of pretty much any kind of fruit or vegetable at the moment. I need to get my behind to the store soon if I plan to try to keep my calories under a certain level each day. About that, how many calories do you think I should eat in a day? When I started weight watchers I think I may have been around 1500 or 1600 calories, not 100% sure since I was counting points not calories and don't remember how many points I started out at even, but I think that's about right. So I think that's what I'll set as my goal, a max of 1600 calories with maybe one day a week where I can go over.

I weighed in this morning, since I hadn't weighed myself for about two weeks and it said 202! I'm not going to count that as my official weight, I'll officially weigh in on Friday and every Friday thereafter, but just to know it said that this morning is promising. It may be a fluke fluctuation thing, so we'll see what happens come Friday.

I also did my measurements this morning. Here they are in all their glory:
Neck - 14.0
Bicep - 13.0
Forearm - 9.75
Chest - 46.0
Waist - 40.0
Hips - 47.0
Thigh - 24.5
Calf - 15.25
Total - 209.50
I included a total so I could track the total inches lost over time. The main areas I want to see go down are the Chest and the Hips measurements. Hips is a little misleading since that's where the bulk of my belly is at, so while I don't have very big hips I do have a belly and that's what I'm really hoping to see go down. As for the Chest, my current bra size is 38DD! For the most part I don't mind my large chest, but doing certain things it makes my back sore easily. Running for me is just a joke. I need a majorly secure sports bra or they are just flying everywhere. Then there's clothes. Anything with buttons or low v neck, just forget about it. I tend to stick to t-shirts and tank tops since they can stretch and cover these puppies without looking trashy, but I still see guys ogling. I look forward to them getting at least a little bit smaller. A full C would be ideal, but we shall see what is in the cards for me.

Oh and here's one other little tidbit of information. My best friend is getting married June 12th, 2010. I'm one of three maids of honor, well technically the other two are matrons of honor. It sounds crazy, but it's her best friend from high school, her best friend from college (me) and her co-worker that she's really close with. Oh and did I mention my best friend is like a size 4 or 6 with boobs almost as big as mine, yeah I know, I'd hate her too if she weren't my best friend, lol. Anyway, I ordered a bridesmaid dress smaller than I am now, so I'd have something to push me, but also so I didn't have that horrible tailoring issue I had with my brother's wedding. The dress I ordered is a size 16, which in the normal world is what I wear currently, but in the bridesmaid dress world I would be a size 20 and they tell us even in the bridesmaid dress world these particular dresses run small. So, at least a month or two before the wedding my chest needs to be down to 43 inches (-3 inches), my waist to 36 inches (-4 inches) and my hips down to 47 inches (no change there). But I'd prefer to be a size smaller than on the measurement chart just in case the dresses really do run that much smaller which would be 40 inches in the chest (-6 inches), 32 inches in the waist (-8 inches) and 43.5 inches in the hips (-3.5 inches). I know I can do this I just have to be diligent and stick with this and set mini goals for myself.

My first mini goal will be get under 200 lbs by the end of the year. If that 202 from today was accurate, then I should be able to blow that out of the water, but I wanted to set an attainable goal so I don't set myself up for disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment