Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lunch and Other Things

I decided to try out this new frozen meal for lunch today and it was really good, so I thought I'd share it. It was in the book Eat This Not That as one of the healthy choices. Steve and I absolutely love Indian food my favorite meal being Chicken Tikka Masala. Anyone who knows Indian food knows that dish contains loads of cream and while very yummy it's not too friendly for the waistline. Now this meal is a little pricey at $4.99 per entree, but if it'll keep me from spending at least 50% more than that and going to a buffet and over indulging, then it's $4.99 well spent. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that it had a bit of a kick to it. I thought for sure a mass produced Tikka Masala would have been bland and lacking in sauce, but it wasn't at all. In fact, there was more than enough sauce to mix in the rice. Anyway, here it is in all its' glory.And here's what it looked like after being cooked along with the orange I ate with it. About that orange, I am a sucker whenever neighbor kids come around selling stuff for school. So about 3 weeks ago this girl from my neighborhood rang the doorbell asking if I wanted to buy fruit. My first thought was isn't November a little late to be selling fruit? But I figured what the heck and bought a small box of oranges. Small is very misleading cause this box has at least 30 oranges, but they are very juicy so I'm not complaining.

Oh yeah, the best part about the Chicken Tikka Masala is this bad boy is only 260 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated. Not too shabby. My total calories for the day thus far is a whopping 625. Plenty of room to have an after noon snack if I need it and a nice dinner.

As for the "Other Things" there are a few fitness related items that I'd love to buy if I had the extra cash. The first would probably be a bodybugg. I am very much the couch potato and my job is very sedentary. I spend all day sitting in front of a computer. However, I have puppies so I am constantly running up and down the stairs to put them outside to go to the bathroom or play or whatever. I'm just curious to see how many calories I truly burn in a day and a device like this really is the only way to get an accurate picture.

I'd also really like a Nintendo Wii with Wii Fit. It just looks like there'd be a lot of fun things to do with that thing. Plus, my boyfriend, Steve, likes video games, so with this we might be able to find something fun that we'd both like to do.

Last, but certainly not least, I'd love to get a treadmill. I have a stationary bike and that's great, but it'd be nice to be able to mix things up a bit and still be able to work out at home. Plus, I've always been really good at pushing myself when running on the treadmill.

All of these things would put me out $1,000 so if anyone's got a grand sitting around that they aren't using, please send it my way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment