Friday, December 11, 2009

Weigh In Day

This is my first official weigh in day, after the starting weight of course, and I weighed 200.0 lbs! That means I've lost 6 lbs already! Who'd a thunk it, diet and exercise actually do work. Now my next major milestone will be losing 4 more pounds to get me out of the obese category and into the overweight category. That word, obese, just sounds so awful. As it should, I guess. We shouldn't delight at the word that was chosen to indicate that you're so overweight your health is at risk. That being said I can't wait to no longer be considered obese.

I cycled last night as I said I would. This post pushed me to do it and get through it and be proud of myself and the fact that I had a body that was capable of biking those 20 miles a day. I've cycled 105.4 miles thus far, only 194.6 miles to go to reach my goal of 300 by the end of the month (hopefully sooner with the holidays and all). Here's a pic of me on my bike last night:



After cycling I had a great low calorie dinner. It was 350 calories total and it tasted good and was plenty of food and I even had room for some frozen yogurt afterward putting me at a total of 1,455 calories for the day. I've always had trouble cooking fish. It always tastes too fishy for me and I can never seem to make myself eat more than a few bites. At restaurants, though, I always love fish and think it tastes great, it's just cooking it myself that I seem to have issues. Anyway, so I found these frozen pre-seasoned fish fillets that are only 80-100 calories a piece and I actually liked it. So that's definitely going to be a new staple in this house to get me to eat more fish. Here's a picture of my half eaten dinner from last night:


I also wanted to show you the HUGE box of oranges I got yesterday, plus the few oranges I had gotten when I went to the grocery store. I swear I'm not a lush, the wine in the background is from a get together we had on Thanksgiving where everyone seemed to bring a bottle of wine and no one seemed to drink much, lol. Although I'm not complaining about having it on hand.


Last, but certainly not least, here are a couple better close up pics of the puppies from my camera. My camera on my phone just didn't do them justice.

3 comments:

  1. kick ass! 6 lbs?! thats great!

    i'm totally jealous of your huge box of oranges though...i love oranges but the selection up here is sometimes so so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm hoping I can keep the momentum going. I love oranges too. Sometimes I'm too lazy to peel them, though. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weigh in! 6lbs. in less than two weeks is awesome! You're totally on track so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete