Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wow, What a Day!

The past few days have been hectic work-wise and they don't look like they'll be easing up any time between now and Christmas, then thank god I've got a week and a half off. I am going to take full advantage of that time off to exercise and rest since a week of it will just be me at home I won't actually be out of town for the better part of it. Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update on my progress.

I am officially over the hump for my 300 mile goal. I did another 20 miles last night putting me at a total of 165.8 miles cycled which means I've got 134.2 miles left to go. Go me!! Then on top of that I kicked ass last night. I've been tracking how many miles per hour I've been cycling and my average was 13.5 which is an ok pace, but I know I'm capable of more. So last night I set out to blow that pace out of the water and I managed to keep a 16 mph pace for 20.32 miles. Not too shabby!

I've also been doing really well at tracking my food and over the past two days I've managed to consume 2,900 fewer calories than I've burned through exercise and just normal day to day stuff. Now, you'd think that'd mean my weight has dropped a bit since last weigh in, but as of this morning that is not the case. I'm not a neurotic person who freaks out if they see their weight fluctuate, so I tend to weigh myself every day or every other day just to kind of keep tabs on where I'm at and for the past two days I've gone up.

Now I realize it could just be due to all of the exercise and my muscles breaking down and retaining water and yada yada, so I'm not freaking out by any means. I just really hope I see a loss come Friday and not a gain. I've just got to continue to count my calories and get the exercise in and I know the number will go down. If not this Friday, then the next or the next. I'm not getting discouraged, because I know I'm doing what I need to do. I do know that my sodium levels have been way higher than they should be, so that's definitely something I'm going to try and tweak over the next few days so that may help things along.

No comments:

Post a Comment