Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Monday

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I sure did. It was pretty mellow, which I love, and for the most part I made good food choices. We didn't go out to eat once, which is very rare for us on the weekends. I did really well with food all day Saturday and most of Sunday...until late last night. It was just one of those times where you feel this gravitational pull toward your fridge and nothing seems to be able to stop you. I didn't go too crazy. It started out with a bag of 100 calorie pretzel thins. Then I had some of the leftover chicken from dinner, not a ton, maybe two ounces or so, but it had sauce on it, so it wasn't just plain chicken. Then I had this Jimmy Dean chicken breakfast sandwich. That was probably the thing with the most calories. All in all, though, I can forgive myself for my little binge. I know I should have controlled myself better, but I also know I've been doing so well since I weighed in that this won't completely foil my weight loss goals and after all it was only one night.

I've been doing the shred and cycling every single day, except for yesterday. My calves and thighs were feeling really sore, so I made the executive decision to take the day off. I'll be back to it tonight, so taking the day off won't kill me. I've been checking in on the scale and things seem to be going in the right direction. I hope everyone is having an awesome Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Yup..pretzels would have started me on a fridge raid, too..darn those grains! After 3-4 days without grains I notice that I no longer crave them at all. I can face the oreos in the pantry with disinterest....the breakfast muffins for the kids without blinking an eye. Weird.

    It does not sounds like you did too much damage. Lots of sodium in that sandwich, tho....might take a day or two for that to leave your system.

    ReplyDelete