Friday, January 1, 2010

MIA

Hey guys, sorry I've been kind of MIA lately. I've taken a much needed week off of work, but that means I haven't wanted to go anywhere near the computer (well at least not much) since I spend my entire work week every week seated right in front of this dang thing and a week off meant a week where I didn't need to be glued to my chair.

I haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth, so don't worry, I'm still here. I did weigh in yesterday morning and it looks like my poor eating habits over the holidays are catching up with me. I weighed in at 201.2 lbs. Obviously, not what I wanted to see, but I can't say I don't deserve it based on what I've been eating. Food truly is the hard part for me. I see Jen's blog over at Ex Hot Girl and she doesn't waver in her eating. Even over the holidays she sticks to her plan. I wish I could be that strong, but it's definitely hard for me. I see all of that food and I just can't seem to help myself. The holidays have come and gone, we're starting a new year 2010, and all I can do is strive to overcome these bad habits that I have. It's not going to be easy for me, but I am all in when it comes to losing weight. I may make some mistakes and not be as consistent as I'd like to be, but I'm in this for the long haul. I really want to make this change permanent. I'm just lucky I have all of you to keep me accountable and to inspire me not to give up, so thanks for that.

One positive update, I have kept up on my cycling and I did meet my 300 mile goal by the end of the year. It took all of the way to the very end of the year, but I completed 300.10 miles as of 12/31/2009. Throughout the month of December I cycled a total of 21.15 hours. So I cycled an average of 66.7 miles a week for a total of 4.70 hours each week. That's not too shabby! I may be having troubles in the food area, but at least here I achieved a goal I set for myself and for that I am proud.

I've also started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred and let me tell you it's way harder than I anticipated! I can do every move that they do, but it's definitely no piece of cake, but why would I want it to be easy. I end up having to stop and catch my breath every now and again, but overall I can do everything so I'm bound to improve as time goes on. Plus, I'm actually sore afterward...like everywhere. It's definitely a feeling of accomplishment when you're entire body is sore. And when it's sore from a measly 20 minute exercise session, who can argue with that!

So I'm still here and I need to get back on track food-wise, but I'm trucking along. I look forward to seeing what we all can accomplish in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment