Friday, January 29, 2010

Weigh In and Measurement Update!

I weighed in this morning at 197.0 lbs. I was hoping it'd be less, but it's a loss so I can't complain. I also did my measurements and I've definitely seen some losses there, so that makes me really happy! I guess doing the shred videos has caused me to lose fat and gain muscle, so even though my weight hasn't gone down a ton I think it's mostly due to the gain in muscle mass. I definitely feel stronger and I have noticed my clothes feeling and looking better. Here are my new measurements.

Neck: 13.75 (-0.25)
Bicep: 12.5 (-0.5)
Forearm: 9.75 (no change)
Chest: 43.0 (-3.0)
Waist: 37.5 (-2.5)
Hips: 45.5 (-1.5)
Thigh: 23.75 (-0.75)
Calf: 14.5 (-0.75)
Total: 200.25 (-9.25)

I'm very happy to see the decrease in the chest and waist and the hips aren't far behind. I need to lose at least 1.5 more inches in the waist to fit into the bridesmaid dress that I ordered, although I'd like to lose even more since the wedding isn't until June and they tell us the dresses run small. Ideally I'd like my measurements to get down to the size below the one I ordered to ensure a good fit, so for that I'd need to lose another 3 inches in the chest, 5.5 inches in the waist (ouch!) and 2 inches in the hips. I definitely think it's doable. I'm averaging 1.5 inches a month for the bust, 1.25 inches a month for the waist and 0.75 inches a month for the hips. I'll definitely need to kick it into high gear a little to reach these numbers, but I think it's doable. The dresses aren't supposed to arrive till the end of March, so I've got another two months to work my ass off (literally)!

Also, as an overview here's what I've accomplished over the last two months.

December - 4.8 lbs lost - 4 inches lost
January - 4.2 lbs lost - 5.25 inches lost

I am a little disappointed that I'm only averaging 4.5 lbs a month. I really wish it were more like 8 lbs, but at least I'm making progress. I just have to keep plugging away and I'll keep seeing the numbers go down and that's the important thing.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!

    I think weight loss is like the hare and the tortoise - slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly hope so. I'm trying to make it something I can stick with, so I allow myself indulgences here and there. It helps to keep me from getting frustrated with the food, but then I get frustrated with the slower weight loss. Lol, it's a catch 22 I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read a lot of places that "safe and long lasting weight loss" should be no more than 2% of your total weight per week, else you are losing lean mass along with the fat. So...for you right now the most you should be losing would be 1.97 pounds per week...which is under 8 pounds a month.

    You are losing it slow and doing it RIGHT.....especially with the shredding. You are doing it in such a way that it will be gone and stay gone. And your scale and body fat % are both heading in the right direction! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. It definitely helps to get the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete