Thursday, February 4, 2010

30 Day Shred Level 2 - Suck It!

Lol, ok sorry but I'm laughing at my own title. Anyway, in case you couldn't guess I moved onto Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. I've been thinking for a few days that I should move up and so last night I did. At first I was nervous that it would be too hard I'd have to go back to level 1, but then I remembered before I started level 1 I was nervous I couldn't do that and I managed just fine. Level 2 is definitely harder, but I got through it. I had sweat dripping into my eyes, but I managed each and every move (albeit the easier versions of some).

There's one cardio move in particular that I hate and love all at the same time. I hate it because I can't really do it, but I love it because I think it's going to help me to start to do "real" push-ups as opposed to "girl" push-ups. Basically you start out standing then you bend over, walk your hands out until your in push up position, do a push up, walk your hands back and stand up. And then you do it again, and again, and again...you get the picture. It's definitely not easy and I can only manage to go about halfway down into the push-up, but I know eventually I'll be able to do those stinking push-ups and I can't wait!

Then there was one other cardio exercise that kicked my ass. It was the double jump rope. In level one you just jump and move your wrists in one circle as if you were jumping rump. The double jump has you jumping up higher and moving your wrists in two circles, so it's definitely a bit harder. So I'm doing the double jump rope and they pan over to the chick that does the "easy" versions of each move and she's just doing the single for people that the double is too hard. Right around this time Steve decided he was going to come lay down on the couch and says "don't worry I won't watch, I just want to shut my eyes for a few minutes". A matter of minutes go by and we're at the point where they panned over to the "easy" version and he says "why are you jumping so high, she's not jumping that high" and I yell at him "because that's the easy version and I'm not doing the easy version. Don't talk to me, I know what I'm doing." Lol. That crap is hard and the last thing you want to do is argue over whether or not you're doing something right. He promptly said "Oh, ok" and shut his eyes and left me alone.

Overall, it just felt really good. I like pushing myself beyond my limits and feeling my body improve and learn to do the things I'm trying to get it to do. It's just a great feeling to know my body is getting stronger and leaner. It makes me look forward to this spring/summer when Steve and I will start cycling again and he will have to eat my dust, because I will have had months of cycling indoors and improving my muscle tone and it's just going to be great. Usually he's the one with more endurance (he's got big honkin muscley soccer thighs) and I'm the one just chugging along, but I think this year will be different. We'll at least be at the same level. Not to mention that I'll look much better in my cycling gear. :-P

Tomorrow is weigh in day, so stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, the walk out push ups. This is how I perfected my push ups for the police academy. They definitely get easier if you do enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing Level 2 for about 2 weeks. I'm still not used to it! I DO feel like I'm going to die - every time.

    I have learned not to dread it, but believe me, I was dreading it a lot for the firts week or so of Level 2.

    Now, just for "fun" (crazy), I have tried Level 3. Holy Mother of God! Both times I almost threw up. Humbling.

    I'm glad you like level 2...I can't wait to hear about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you almost threw up after doing level 3!!!! Scary. I've got a ways to go before I even think about level 3, but holy crap. Something to look forward to...

    Have you ever done Bikram yoga?? I used to be into it years ago, but it's the yoga where the room is a million and a half degrees. Yeah, the first couple of times...I did throw up. Fun fun.

    ReplyDelete