Friday, February 5, 2010

Now That's What I Call A Loss!!!

Today was weigh in day and boy was it a good one. Last Friday I weighed 197.0 and this morning I weighed in at 193.6!! That's a 3.4 lb loss in one week! That's huge for me. I think there are a few big reasons why I had better numbers this week as compared to others.

The main reason was that we didn't eat out at all this week, only once last weekend. We had a meal out on Saturday, but that was it. Normally we'd eat out 2-3 times a week, so cutting that out has made a huge difference! Our fridge is currently full to the brim, so there's no excuse not to do the same this coming week. Also, I picked up supplies to cook a few meals in the crock pot this week, so that should make things even easier.

Another reason I think made a difference was that I didn't work out last night. My body got a night to rest and recover before the weigh in and that resulted in a good number.

Also, I switched it up and moved on to Level 2 of the shred. I know that changing up your routine can always kick your weight loss into high gear if you're at a plateau, so even though I wasn't at a plateau I think the new routine did boost my weight loss a bit.

Other than that things are good. I'm tracking my food and getting in my exercise and it's paying off!

Also, just as an aside, my dog Duke looked at me like he wanted to give me a kiss, so I leaned down...and he burped in my face. Awesome...

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's gotta feel good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely does. It's nice to see hard work pay off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tania,
    I just stumbled upon your blog, and i'm really glad i did. I am so impressed! I just started my diet/exercise routine about a week ago (I've lost 1.2 lbs)-- how did you lose 6 pounds in the first week?!? I'm open to any advice! And this week- 3.4 lbs, that's amazing!
    We are around the same spot(i'm behind), and I would love to keep reading and getting inspired by you throughout your journey. Keep up the good work! I'll be reading :) Stop by my blog anytime- I look forward to hearing from you.
    Take Care,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on such a huge loss! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss - that's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL on the dog burp!

    Congrats on the loss, woman!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on the same struggle - this week i lost about a pound - i'm glad for that pound but i sure would love to see a little more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the loss!! Keep up the good work.

    By the way, my dog, Stewart, does a similar thing... he'll go in to give a kiss and sneeze on you. Gross.

    ReplyDelete