Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quick Question About Exercise Equipment

As you all know I have a stationary bicycle and that's my main form of cardio. We have also been playing around with the idea of getting some kind of home gym for weight training and a treadmill. I found a decent used home gym on craigslist for sale for $175. Here's a pic.



For the treadmill I'm on the fence about whether we should buy it used or not. I'm concerned about buying one, taking it home, only to find out it doesn't work and I won't have any company to complain to just some random person I bought it from. Since it's electrical, versus a home gym that isn't, that's the main reason I'm on the fence about buying it used. On top of that the price savings isn't that great. I might be able to get a used treadmill for $200-$250 (that's a big might, though, since there are plenty that are listed for more than that), whereas a new treadmill from Walmart (that's where I bought my bike) that has all the bells and whistles I'd want (I'm not too picky) is just $377. So what's your opinion. New or used?

6 comments:

  1. My gut says new for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured that's the response I would get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. i mean you could always test out the used on at the place of purchase! But at the same time it might be worth the extra $100 for a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm thinking it will be worth the extra money to get a new one. Between a warranty with a new one and the rare possibility of finding a treadmill that isn't 20 years old and covered with dust I just think it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its hard to say w/out seeing it in person BUT what I used to tell my clients was GET THE USED. IF YOU USE IT SO MUCH YOU NEED THE NEW---THEN AT LEAST YOU KNOW IT WILL BE MONEY WELL SPENT! BUT START USED :)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I think maybe I'll give the old college try to look for a used one, but if I can't find a decent one then I'll by the new one. I already know I'll use it. I used to love going to the gym and running on a treadmill and I haven't been able to stop thinking about wanting one for some time now, so I know it would get plenty of use if I bought it.

    ReplyDelete