Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Awards!!!

I've gotten my first awards ever!! So exciting and fun. The first is the Creative Writer award bestowed upon me by Molly Marie.



1. Thank the person who gave this to you
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog
3. Link to the person who nominated you
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

And I nominate the following bloggers:

1. Salina at Salina Becoming Me
2. Sue at Did I Just Eat That Out Loud
3. Tiff at Project 365
4. Christy at Sarcastic & Sassy
5. Jenn at Watch My Butt Shrink
6. Monica at Confessions of a + Sized Girl
7. Emily at Getting Through My Fat Head

Here are some lies and one truth. Can you guess what’s true?

1. I have 7 cats and 3 dogs.
2. The town I grew up in had only one stoplight.
3. I have a black belt.
4. I've lived in 15 different cities and 3 different states.
5. I can bench press 175 pounds.
6. I've read 30 novels by Nora Roberts.
7. I used to dance professionally.


The other award I got was the Sunshine Award. I got this award from Christy at Sarcastic & Sassy.



I'm supposed to pass this on to 12 bloggers who add sunshine to my day by reading their blogs. Let's see if I read enough blogs to fill this up without any duplicates!

1. Julia at JewliaGoulia. Julia is so honest on her blog (TMI Thursday anyone??) and she gives great reviews of the things she tries out.
2. Greta at Big Bottom Blogger. Greta is a kick ass gym rat (although, she doesn't always think so) who inspires me to get out there and work my butt off.
3. Lorrie at The Token Fat Girl. I'm a newer reader of Lorrie's blog, but she shares some great recipes and posts her daily calorie burn from her GoWear Fit which motivates me to see the kind of daily calorie burn a person is capable of.
4. Frannie at Finding Frannie. Frannie is a fellow cyclist, but she's currently focusing on training for a 5K.
5. Erin at The XXL Files. Erin is a good humored blogger who's been a bit "blog shy" lately as she put it, but hopefully she'll get back in gear and start kicking ass and taking names.
6. Carissa at Have You Seen My Weight. Carissa has had a great consistent weight loss and it just shows me what you can accomplish when you stick with it.
7. Jen at Prior Fat Girl. Jen is a prior fat girl, so she's no longer trying to lose weight but it's nice to read about her occassional struggles to maintain because it's proof that we need to make this a life long change. We can't expect to reach our goal and just magically have our weight stay there. We still have to work to maintain it.
8. Trina at Ah...Me So Hongry. Trina is a very funny blogger who definitely is great at showing her personality through her blog.
9. Rachel at Body By Pizza. Rachel has lost an astounding 100 plus pounds and she's become someone who enjoys running. It's inspiring to see how far she's come and watch her as she works to cross the finish line.
10. Roni at GreenLiteBites. Roni has a few different blogs, but I'm really enjoying this food blog of hers. She includes videos of her cooking with her son, which personally I love to watch. Kale chips anyone?
11. Amanda at Another Prior Fat Girl. Amanda is another prior fat girl and also a vegetarian. It's interesting to see what foods she eats to give me vegetarian ideas. I'm not vegetarian, not by a long shot, but it's healthy for us to work vegetarian meals into our diet.
12. Just Another Fat Girl. I'm a knew reader of Just Another Fat Girl, but she's another vegetarian who eats VERY clean. It's kind of amazing reading about someone with such a perfect diet. A bit too perfect for my taste, but it helps me to strive to eat a bit more clean than I do.

12 comments:

  1. THANKS! :) ahaha but girl.. when I'm ON my diet..i eat pretty clean..but when I'm OFF.. OH GOSH..it's in n out animal fries, costco pizza, hot cheetos, chocolate, cookies.. ANYTHING IN SIGHT.. ugh. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I hear you. Maybe you need to include a few indulgences during the week and not always be quite so "clean"? That might help with the cravings that make you want to go overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaawww! thank you so much! you brought sunshine into my life, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your blog awards!!! You deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sooooo much!!!
    Oh, and I'm gonna guess you are not a black belt - am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award!

    Is your truth the one about growing up in a town with one stoplight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a black belt, so that is one of the lies. My hometown didn't have any stoplights, so the one stoplight one is a lie as well. :-) Keep guessing! I'll post the truth tomorrow if no one guesses it before then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the awards! And thanks for sharing with me. :)

    I'm guessing that the truth is living in 15 cities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got it right! I have lived in 15 different cities and 3 different states.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks you very much!!! And yes that is my crazy insane personality...scary. Congrats on your awards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this is waaayyyy overdue, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! It really means a lot to me that you thought of me for this! :)

    ReplyDelete