Monday, March 1, 2010

The Good, The Bad...And The Ugly

Let's start out with The Good. My dinner last night was awesome. I made a healthy and very yummy salad. It had lettuce, chicken, crumbled gorgonzola, red grapes and a dijon balsamic vinaigrette dressing that I made myself.



Then after dinner I made a dessert from the Hungry Girl cookbook. It's called sweetie-fry bananas with cream cheese frosting. It was only 202 calories per serving and very good. Let me know if you're interested in the recipe and I'll post it.



Now onto The Bad. My exercise for the month of February. I had set a goal for myself to cycle 150 miles and do the shred at least 15 times. What I ended up doing was 114.15 miles on the bike and a whopping 4 times doing the shred. I think I need more general goals. I need a number of hours per week exercising or a number of times a week I want to strength train, something like that. Especially since I'm planning to hopefully get a home gym this month (probably won't get a treadmill yet), so I don't want to set up a goal of having to do a video when I'll have weight equipment. So, my new goal for the month will be at least 2.5 hours of cardio each week and weight training at least 2 times each week.

Finally, The Ugly. My eating this weekend was definitely less than stellar and I didn't exercise at all. I tried my best to get down all the food I ate and after the entire weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) I came out with a whopping 53 calorie deficit. Now, it's good that I at least maintained (I weighed myself this morning and it still said 192), but that's 3 days I've basically wasted. I'm not going to spend too much time crying over it, but I really need to get my food under control on the weekends.

We went grocery shopping yesterday and I have a list of healthy recipes to try out for dinner each night this week. I went into the grocery store, list in hand, and got everything I'd need to prepare these dinners. Tonight's dinner is going to be Chicken Florentine. Also, I will definitely be working out. I hope you all had a better food weekend than I.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, weekends. They're the worst for trying to stay on plan, aren't they? I heard a useful saying recently: "You can't go forward if you're looking in the rearview mirror".

    Keep looking forward! You'll get to where going soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekends have been awful for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I just need to start to plan ahead better. It is a new day, though, and I still have 4 days until weigh in to get as much accomplished as I can.

    ReplyDelete