Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mmmm...Bool Kogi

I made bool kogi for dinner last night and boy was it yummy! And at 230 calories per every 4 ounces for a beef dish, that's not too shabby. I had a really good day yesterday. My little brother is on his spring break (he's a freshman in college), so he came down to stay with us for the week. It's great having him here. We had a birthday party for Steve this past weekend (he turned 35), so we've got tons of leftovers which makes me ecstatic my little brother's here to gobble them up. I got this cupcake cake and I informed him that he was to finish those cupcakes by the time he leaves this weekend. Lol.

Overall things are going well. I cycled last night for about 75 minutes and did about 17 miles. That's not the best pace I've ever had, but I was sweating, so I can't complain. I consumed around 1600 calories and ended the day with right around a 1000 calorie deficit.

My plan is to weight train tonight, so hopefully I don't have any issues getting that done. Anyway, here's a pic of me and Steve from his birthday party.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice picture!

    I have to ask, what is Bool Kogi? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Bool Kogi is a Korean barbecue dish. It's basically beef marinated in soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, sesame seeds and some other stuff. I don't actually make it myself, though, I just buy it premarinated from Trader Joe's and cook it up.

    ReplyDelete