Friday, March 5, 2010

Weigh In and A Recipe

I weighed in this morning at 191.2 lbs. Not a huge loss, but a loss nonetheless. I'm down another 0.8 lbs, so that's a good thing. Honestly, I didn't expect a huge loss this week. I didn't exercise as much as I would have liked and I had a couple higher calorie days, so my total deficit since last weigh in was a mere 1,801 calories. Obviously, that meant I shouldn't expect more than a half pound weight loss and luckily I got a little more than that.

I'm excited for the coming week. I'm going to start working out on my home gym regularly and build up my muscles and I'll incorporate some new cardio into my exercise regime. I'm planning to have a much better loss next week.

I did my first workout on the home gym last night and boy was it a good workout! I didn't take huge rests in between sets, instead I'd do two exercises at once. Like last night I was doing the bench press or arm press or whatever you want to call it and the leg extension. I'd do one set of 12 reps on the arm press and switch over a do one set of 12 reps on the leg extension. Then I'd start my next set of arm presses. You get the picture. That way my arms got to rest before the next rep, but since I didn't stop moving I was keeping my heart rate up. I was definitely sweating while doing this workout. The two things that were the hardest for me were the butterflies and the ab crunches. Holy hell were those ab crunches hard! I still did my 3 sets of 12, though, so I'm happy. Here's my sweaty pic after my workout. This is for you Emily. This is what I really look like after my workout. Nothing glamorous here.



One good thing about this week has been the food. I've been trying out new recipes and had a really good one last night. Here's a pic.



Pork Tandoori was what the recipe called it, but it's basically a pork curry. OMG, it was sooooo gooood! Steve and I absolutely love Indian food, so I'm stoked that I learned how to make a pretty simple dish. That whole plate full of food was roughly 450 calories and you could easily have cut that down since I actually had quite a bit of meat. And the recipe was about one of the easiest things I've ever tried that I've got it memorized without even trying, so here it is.

Pork Tandoori
- 1.5 cups non-fat plain yogurt
- 1.5 Tbsp curry powder
- 1.5 lb pork tenderloin (this is just how much mine weighed, obviously if you're able to get a 1 lb pork tenderloin just reduce the amounts of yogurt and curry powder)
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the yogurt and curry powder together in a baking dish.
3. Add the pork tenderloin and turn it around to coat all sides.
4. Chop up the onion.
5. Add the onion to either side of the pork tenderloin. (The onions had me crying like a baby last night!)
6. Stir the onion in with the marinade to lightly coat.
7. Put the dish in the oven until the temperature of the meat reaches 145-150 degrees (I didn't really time it since I used a meat thermometer, but I'd guess 20-30 mins.)
8. While that's cooking make some rice to serve with it. (I had about 1/2 a cup cooked (1/4 cup uncooked) jasmine rice that I added some curry powder to and that's included in the 450 calories I listed above.)
9. Remove dish from oven once the correct temperature was reached and squeeze the juice of the lemon over the top.
10. Stir the onions on the sides a bit to mix in lemon juice, meat juices, curry, etc.

That's it. That's about as simple as it gets. Obviously you should probably add a salad or some veggie to serve with it. Overall, this is a great simple dish.

That's all for me for now. Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. woop woop! You still look awesome! So did that recipe.. I love love love curry anything, so I am definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the pic and keep up the good work :)

    have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the workout. Seriously! I have never been able to work out at home so I totally love that you are doing so great at home. I'm gonna have to try that recipe too. Looks yummy and super simple. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your loss!!! I definitely need to do more weights b/c I heard the more muscle you build the more fat you burn. I really want to tone up my arms too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like weight training makes a huge difference. In 2008 for my brother's wedding I weighed probably 10 pounds less than I do now, but my arms didn't look good in pictures and I didn't weight train. Now I am weight training and I feel like my arms already look better even though I weigh more.

    ReplyDelete