Friday, March 19, 2010

Weigh In

I weighed in this morning at 190.2 lbs. No change. Grrrr!!!! It's a bit annoying and I was even good this week about not checking the scale. I did drink quite a bit of alcohol at Steve's birthday party last weekend and snacked at the party, so maybe that caused the stall since I pretty much never drink anymore and snacking never helps. I did a bit of dancing, though, so I had hoped that would have evened things out.

I did really good on the exercise front, so I can't be too hard on myself. I put in a little over 3 hours in cardio and about 2 hours weight training. I did a really good job sticking to my schedule this week and that's with my little brother visiting! I think to some extent I wanted to set a good example for him, so that pushed me to stick to working out every day. I even got him to weight train with me one day and he couldn't keep up with me. And he's 18!! I've definitely been building a decent amount of muscle and I'm noticing changes. I'm looking forward to taking my measurements next Friday.

Today I've already put in 30 minutes of cardio walking the dogs and a little under an hour weight training. Today was just a weight training day, so the walk was just a plus.

One thing I think I didn't do as well on this week is drinking water. Normally I have no problem drinking tons of water since I love water unlike some, but this week I found myself being too lazy and not going to fill up my bottle. Jewlia Goulia mentioned a water bottle yesterday that looks like it may help with tracking your water consumption. I might have to go to Target and check it out. It couldn't hurt to have something that makes it so easy to track your water intake.

My lack of water this week accompanied with drinking and snacking last weekend may have been what caused my weight not to move this week. Then add in the weight training where I'm building muscle and I guess I can see why I didn't see a change. At least I know what to focus on this week and hopefully I'll see a change next weigh in.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have it all figured out. :)

    enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete