Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yay for Running!

It's official. I'm going to the gym tonight to sign up and get my first running workout in what feels like forever. I can't wait! It sounds silly, but I really am excited to get back in the gym. I told Steve last night that I'd be going today to sign up. He seemed kind of ho hum about it, but then when I said how I was excited he perked up a bit and said he was happy to see me so excited about it so I think he let go of any reservations he had. Plus then I mentioned to him the fact that it'll get me out of the house and possibly meeting new people, which he always loves when I'm out doing things for myself.

On another note, I'm not sure how my weigh in is going to go this week. My daily calories yesterday were good, but Saturday through Monday weren't so great. No huge crazy binges or anything, but I also ate some things I know I shouldn't have. Monday probably wasn't that bad, but we went out to eat and I ate WAY more than necessary. It wasn't anything horribly bad. We had teriyaki mushrooms as an appetizer and then my meal was marinated beef and pork with rice and a salad. So like I said, overall it wasn't horrible food I just ate it all even though there was a point where I knew I was full I just kept eating. Then when we got home I literally felt sick. I seriously thought I was going to puke and almost wished I would so I wouldn't feel so awful. Lesson learned. Listen to my body and don't eat more just because it tastes good. Ugh.

I also haven't been doing much on the exercise front. That's why I'm really looking forward to working out on the treadmill tonight. I can't push myself too hard since it's my first run in forever, but I'll listen to my body and work hard just not go overboard. Then, soon enough, I'll get to try out some classes. Yay!! I really am quite excited to try everything out. The classes, the weight equipment, the cardio equipment, the pool, the hot tub, the sauna, all of it.

I'll let you know tomorrow how my first gym workout goes. I hope you all are having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. OH YAY!! gym membership for the win! :) just make sure you totally use the crap out of it so that you will have no regrets signing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the gym! I'm excited to see how you like classes, I'm not nearly as brave as you to just jump into one. I've been trying to psych myself up to go to one for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania, I'm so glad you decided to join. You'll have to let me know if you like it--there is a LA fitness right down the road from my new house and I'm definitely considering it. Also- I hope the running went well!! I don't know if you have an ipod (i'm assuming you do)... if you are interested in training for your 5k, there is a great podcast that just switches the music when you are supposed to switch from running to walking. It's worked really well for me (granted, it is only week one) but its called PodRunner, if you are interested.

    Take care! Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete