Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And I'm Back In The Game!!!

Has anybody seen 10 Things I Hate About You a zillion times? No? Just me? Well if you have then you might understand my title. Lol. Let me start off by saying thank you to Emily and Lisa for your wonderful comments on yesterdays post. Sometimes it's hard when you feel like you're letting everyone down, but your comments have given me a new resolve and for that I truly thank you. They really mean the world to me.

Yesterday was a great food day. I did have a soda, which obviously is not great, but I also had all of my servings of fruits and vegetables. And what's even better is that I didn't even try. It wasn't like I thought "I better eat an apple, so I can hit my daily recommended servings of fruit", I just ate apple slices because I wanted to.

Then for dinner I wanted something a bit light, so I just decided to do a veggie stir fry and it was SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! It was pretty simple. I have a couple sauces I like to use. The first is called Asia Specialties Sweet Soy & Garlic Sauce. I tossed 2 tbsp of that in my wok. Then I added 2 cups of mushrooms. While those started cooking down I chopped up half of a yellow onion and tossed that in. There's a second sauce I like that adds a bit of a kick to dishes and it's called Taste of Asia Medium Chili Garlic Sauce. I added 1 tbsp of that in with the mushrooms and onions. Then I chopped up a cup of broccoli into bite sized pieces and added 2 more tablespoons of the Sweet Soy & Garlic Sauce. Since it was all veggies I allowed myself a few more calories with the sauces. The total dish was 255 calories and extremely satisfying. The flavor was off the charts. I had to make Steve try it (he had already eaten), because I knew he'd ask me to make it again if he tasted it. He asked for a second bite and asked if I had made enough for his lunch the following day! Unfortunately for him I hadn't, but I'm glad to know we both really enjoyed it. I ended the day with just under 1300 calories. Here's a pic of my dinner for your viewing pleasure. :-)


I also got in a great workout last night. It wasn't super long, I did 45 minutes on the bike, but I did my best to rock it. In the end I was left sweaty and happy. Overall it was a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I totally got your title. I think I have watched that movie so many times I could act out the whole thing LOL.

    Your stirfry looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one. That was practically the only movie I had when I lived in the dorms in college, so I watched it over and over and over again. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stir fry sounds amazing! I also got your title...love that movie...watch it anytime I cross it when flipping channels!

    ReplyDelete