Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Friday's Weigh In

I did weigh in on Friday morning, even though I haven't posted. I contemplated lying to you all. I'm embarrassed that my weight went up yet again. I weighed in at 191.4 lbs. I figured I'd be back down by this Friday, so it wouldn't matter, but the fact is I want to be honest on here. I don't want to feel like any part of what I'm posting here is a lie. I want it to be an honest representation of what I'm going through.

Basically I'm back to where I was a month and a half ago. I did do better last week. My food was a little better and I started exercising again, however, I still wasn't tracking calories. Clearly that didn't work for me. I am back to tracking my calories and will continue to do so. It's frustrating to have a few weeks where my weight has gone back up a bit, but at least it was only a few weeks.
I was actually pretty sick this weekend and it's still lingering. I've got a sore throat that is making sleeping a challenge. I'll be sleeping fine and then all of a sudden I'll be coughing like crazy. It's getting better though. I'm still planning to get in some cycling tonight. I've got training class for my puppy Dot, but after that I will be hopping right on that bike and getting down to business while watching The Biggest Loser. It always motivates me to watch that while I cycle. Seeing the obstacles they have overcome and the large amount of weight they've had to lose tells me that I am capable of way more than I give myself credit for.

There are a few changes I really want to make to my routine that I've basically been too lazy to do. I have two puppies that both still need work with walking on the leash. I should really be taking them each for walks around the neighborhood twice a day. That would amount to anywhere from an hour and twenty minutes to two hours of walking. Considering that I work from home I could definitely use the extra movement. And considering that I work from home there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to do this for them and for me. I enjoy walks, so why I don't take them is beyond me. It's laziness pure and simple.

I think I need to put together some sort of a calendar/planner thing. I should make boxes for am and pm walks, plus the other planned exercise for the day. Then as I do them I can check them off. The same thing for water consumption. Lately I've really not been drinking enough water, so if I have a place to track my water that would be great too. Finally is my calorie intake. Obviously I could put my calorie limit for the day and then I can check that off if I meet it and write in the exact number of calories consumed. I also feel like I should probably track my servings fruits and veggies. I love fruits and veggies, but I know I don't always eat enough and this could help me at least improve upon that. I've got a picture in my head now of how this should work, now I just need to implement it.

I'm sorry if I've been less than motivating to those of you that read my blog, but I'm working on it. I really want to have a much more active summer filled with fresh healthy food. Hopefully I can achieve the image in my head of what I'd like my summer (and my life really) to be like. Could this be me?

4 comments:

  1. Tania,
    I feel you on not being very motivating, but just by admitting your slip ups you are honest and very motivating.
    Thank you so much for your supportive comments. I've appreciated it so much.
    We are still chugging along here though! I'm with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think you are very motivating. Just hearing your trials and tribulations reminds me that I am not alone in this. I am glad you were honest with us because it lets us know that we all slip up from time to time. At least you recognize what you need to do and can now get it done. And you didn't wait for months and months or even a year to pass (with lots of added pounds) before you realized that you were slipping.
    I am proud of you and you continue to inspire!

    http://fightingtobehealthy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the healthier summer! Usually that's when I pack on all the margarita pounds, followed by the "comfort food" pounds in the winter... but not this year! I will FIGHT it this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new reader to your blog. Just wanted to let you know I DO find you motivating and inspirational! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete