Thursday, April 1, 2010

My First Treadmill Workout!!!

I had my first treadmill workout, in what feels like forever, at the gym last night...and I rocked it! It felt soooo good to be back in a gym. When you watch others around working hard it always pushes you to work a little harder. At home there's no one around, so it's easier to slack and not really realize you're doing it. I have a little bit of a competitive nature, so when I'd see someone else running it'd push me to start running. Overall it was just awesome.

I spent a total of 90 minutes on the treadmill thanks to Mary. She wanted some motivation to get back into the gym, so she posted this saying that for every comment she got she'd spend 30 seconds on the treadmill and she ended up getting 180 comments! Some people said they'd do the same amount of time she had to do based on the number of comments and I was one of them, so that's where the 90 minutes came from.

I wanted to stop after about 70 minutes or so. I even thought, if I don't do the full 90 minutes no one will know. But I will know. And afterall, this whole thing is about keeping promises to ourselves. The reason so many of us struggle with our weight loss is because we don't keep the promises we make to ourselves. We should treat ourselves better than that! Why do we feel like it's ok to keep letting ourselves down? It's not ok and that's why I did the full 90 minutes even though I was tempted not to. And I was damn proud that I did it after I was done with the workout.

The first hour I was doing intervals of running/jogging and then fast walking. I'd get my heart rate up with the running and then give myself a break with the fast walking. I look forward to getting to the point where I can run for more than 5 minutes at a time, but for now I'll take what I can get. Considering it was my first time running in forever I think I did pretty good. There were times where I was running at 6mph! Overall in that first hour I went about 4 miles. Then in the last half hour I decided to keep it at a lower speed and use the incline to keep my heart rate up. For the most part I had the incline at 6.0 and I complete 1.5 miles for a total of 5.5 miles. I seriously kicked that treadmill's ass!! I had a sweaty picture for you, but sadly my phone is having issues and won't let me send pictures to my email which means I can't get them on my computer to share with you all.

Ok, I better get back to work. I hope you're all having a great week. Are you as ready for the weekend as I am?

9 comments:

  1. That's awesome! i'm glad you didn't quit. I had similar thoughts while on the treadmill. Glad you pushed through and did it! I'm totally inspired by that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! WoooHoooo! You kick ASS! Keep it up girl. You're so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I did Mary's challenge too on the elliptical...it was hard but SO worth it! I'm glad you were able to push through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tania, that is soooo great! Congratulations - 90 minutes is a LONG time on the treadmill!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I'm really glad I did that challenge. It proved to be very motivating for myself and others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I can run for 30 minutes now on the Dreadmill (that's my new name for it...as of today!), but I don't know if I could do 90 minutes of walking!

    WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on pushing through and finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You won my giveaway!! go check it out!

    ReplyDelete