Thursday, April 29, 2010

Who's a Weight Watcher?

About halfway through the day yesterday I made a decision. I decided I was going to follow weight watchers. It's what I did in '08 when I went from 204 lbs to 176.5 lbs. I stopped doing it because I got tired of counting points and used that as an excuse to basically stop doing anything. No more excuses. This worked for me before and since I've been struggling on the food front I figured why not give it another go. Plus I have all the tools, so I don't need to pay for a membership or anything. I told Steve last night that I was going to do weight watchers again and he actually said he wanted to do it too! Since he's crazy busy with school I have to help him out by prepping his food and making lunches for him, but I don't mind cause I'm just happy he's willing to do it with me.

I really feel like this is the right path for me. A number of the blogs I read where I see people making major progress are people that are doing weight watchers. And obviously I had success on it as well. I did it for about 14 weeks in '08 and lost a total of 27.5 lbs which is almost 2 lbs a week every week. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing that kind of progress again. Anyway, that's what's going on with me. I'm excited about this and excited to see how it works for me this time around.

I had another good night of exercise last night and will be working out again tonight. I'm hoping to get at least a small loss this week. I just started tracking my points yesterday, but I did track calories before that and have been eating lots of fruits and veggies the past few days. I think that's all for now. I'll be back tomorrow with a weigh in!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a Weight Watcher! Lost 16.6 pounds so far. Honestly, while tracking points does help me to an extent, I really only do WW for the meetings. I like that support system. But it's different for everyone, I know. :-)

    Good for you, for taking the step to get back on track! You have a great attitude about your decision, and that's the most important factor, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently started following WW! I have gone from 195 to 184 in just a couple of weeks! I dont' go to meetings though because we have such a busy schedule and meetings aren't my thing. So far so good though! Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do meetings either. I feel like I get enough support on here that I don't need them. I have all the supplies from when my mom went to meetings years ago, plus I did the online thing in '08 so I'm pretty familiar with everything. I even have an old journal that I'm using for now to track my points. Although I think I'm going to buy a more fun notebook to use as my journal.

    ReplyDelete