Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Almost There!

I've had a great couple of days. I've just been cycling galore...and of course reveling in being engaged. Lol. Back to the cycling, though. I'm already up to 79.35 miles and I haven't even cycled yet today. I've got two days to go and just 20.65 miles left.

On Saturday Steve and I did go for that long ride, as I mentioned, so that started me off with 33.53 miles. Then Monday evening we went for another ride and clocked in 25.52 miles. We couldn't go the full length of the trail partly because we were tired and partly because it was already getting late. Here's a pic of the two of us after the 25 mile ride.

In case you can't tell he wants to make sure everyone knows he hates getting his picture taken. Lol. I'm not allowed to post it on facebook, but it's ok to put up on my blog. He's so silly. I'm just proud of our hard work.

Then last night I cycled 20.30 miles and I made lasagna! Talk about multitasking. Just kidding the lasagna was cooking while I was cycling so it really wasn't that big of a deal. I'm just a dork. Anyway, here's a pic of me after my ride on the stationary bike last night.


Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to leave you with this picture of my cat Toby. He sleeps in the weirdest positions and this was no exception. He must have been enjoying the sun coming in through the patio doors. He's quite the interesting cat.

6 comments:

  1. Ummmmm, how did I miss the ENGAGED POST?????? Color me embarassed. CONGRATULATIONS! The ring is stunning, and SO ARE YOU. So are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks so much! :-D It's pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bicycling is fun..but very painful to my "private" parts. i guess people get use to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get sore from cycling too, however, any soreness tends to go away shortly after I'm done riding or at least by the next day. You just have to make sure you wear cycling shorts and I usually follow up a hard ride with some ibuprofen. Mostly for the sore legs, but I'm sure it helps with soreness "down there" too. It's a great workout if you can figure out how to deal with the soreness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!!! Love the pictures! Good job on the ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your engagement! Love the pictures, especially the cat.. mine sleeps in freaking weird ways, too. I think they do it to confuse us, haha.

    ReplyDelete