Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Goal Achieved!

I set a goal for myself to cycle at least 26.2 miles last night. What I actually ended up doing was 30.03 miles in 1 hour 52 mins! That's a little over 16 mph. I'm very proud of that! I'm just happy that I set a goal for myself and I not only met it, but exceeded it. It was honestly one of the best rides I've had too. I just had this energy like no other. Usually there are times where I struggle through 10 miles, but the first 10 miles just flew by. One of the big differences about this was my frame of mind. Instead of going into it dreading it or worrying about it I was confident and excited to accomplish this goal. My thighs were definitely screaming by the end, but it was so worth it. I really felt great afterward. I am very proud of myself. Here's a sweaty pic taken after I finished.


Other than that it's just life as usual. I had a super yummy meatball (made with ground chicken) sandwich for dinner with brussels sprouts and it was awesome. I LOVE meatball sandwiches! I swear I could eat them every day. Anyway, back to work. I hope you are all having as great of a week as I am!

4 comments:

  1. Tania, you're so close to your next goal, too!

    I can't imagine biking that far...you are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was hoping to hit that goal on Friday, but didn't want to say anything and jinx myself. I think I'll be close, but I may fall just shy of it. Hopefully, if not this Friday, then next Friday I'll hit that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing!!! Great job and a super big congrats to you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete