Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Update

I had a very productive weekend! Steve had to study for his last final and I'm going out of town this coming weekend, so I used the weekend to get a lot done. Saturday was errands, errands, errands. We picked up a brand new table and chairs for outside. Then we decided to stop at Goodwill to shop a little before Steve went back home to study. I ended up getting this really great find. It looked like it used to be on top of a dresser, but basically it's a mirror on top of a drawer that probably used to be used for storing jewelry when it was attached to a dresser. We're going to turn it into a vanity for me! I've been wanting a vanity, but we just haven't had the money to spend on something so obviously unnecessary. Then we found this bad boy and it was $13!! You just can't beat that. We're either going to just add legs to it or find an inexpensive table or a table at a garage sale or something and attach it to the table. Check out the pic below. There's a drawer, but we took it out when we were moving it around that's why there's just a hole where the drawer is supposed to be.


After that we took Steve home and I went back out. I went to Target to shop for a dress and some shoes for my best friend's bachelorette party next weekend. On impulse I grabbed this kind of trendy dress. I didn't think for a second it would look good on me, but I figured why not just try it on. I get it on and I totally think it's cute on me and am completely surprised! It's a little on the short side, but I really like it! Ignore the cut off head in the pic, I had no makeup on and my hair was a mess. Lol.


After that was grocery shopping. I was really proud of my purchases at the grocery store. Steve is a snacker and wanted some crackers, so I looked at nutrition info and picked out a few better choices for him. I picked out stuff that was lower in calories and fat and higher in fiber (making them lower in points values). I have this nifty calculator that does point conversions for me...of course I forgot it, but even without it I did a pretty good job. I got a lot of Kashi stuff and organic stuff and overall just made really good choices even on the snacky stuff and even considering the fact that I committed the ultimate grocery sin of shopping while hungry. I also got some good fruits and veggies. Yesterday's dinner included mussels, artichokes, cauliflower and strawberries. Yum!

Once I got home we unloaded everything, had some dinner and then I spent a while writing the points values on everything. When all was said and done it was 11pm and I hadn't even rested for a second. Sunday I got to chill a bit more, but said chilling was interspersed with taking the puppies to the groomers, doing laundry, picking up puppies, doing more laundry and more...and more. We had a ridiculous amount of laundry, but I got it all finished. And I'm sure walking up and down the stairs a million times with the laundry basket burned a few calories. Even though I didn't really "do" much I felt really good about what I accomplished this weekend. I hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the dress!! It makes your waist look great! I actually saw this at my local Target and wanted to get it!

    ReplyDelete