Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Well Hello There!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was tiring, but a lot of fun. Everything seemed to fall into place with the bachelorette party I planned, so that was nice. The bride was very happy and you can't ask for much more than that. :-) I had a few drinks, but overall was pretty good and didn't indulge too much which was good considering I had a 4 1/2 hour drive home the next day, lol. Also, before we went out we had dinner and I made a very healthy dinner choice of seared ahi with a side of asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Yum!

I'm just feeling really good about life right now. Sometimes you just make a small shift in mindset and that completely changes your attitude and your outlook on life.

Steve had an amazing first year in his PhD program. He was surprised how well he did, but I never doubted him for a second. It's nice to see him realize what he's capable of. He's going to be working under a professor with an amazing reputation for the rest of the PhD program and was told by another faculty member that he has no idea how great of a choice that professor was and how he has set himself up for an amazing career by starting out working under him. I'm so proud of him I can't even put it into words.

I was feeling unhappy with my work and I realized it was completely in my control to be satisfied. I decided I'm going to just really put my all into my work and be appreciative of all the things that I have to be grateful for. I have a boss that appreciates me, coworkers that respect me, a good income, a flexible schedule and I am able to work from home. Honestly when I pulled myself out of my funk I realized how much I had to be grateful for in terms of my career and if I just really start investing myself in my work I'll be much more satisfied. I've only made this shift in thinking recently, but it's already made a world of difference.

On top of all that Steve's really been letting me know how much he appreciates me lately and that means the world to me. To know that you're loved and appreciated means more than people sometimes give credit for. I was gone for one weekend and he told me how much he missed me and how it was hard for him to sleep without me there. It's silly, but it feels good to be needed like that. While I was gone he just let me be and was happy I was having a good time with friends, but when I got back he let me know how he felt. It puts a smile on my face. :-) Then of course there were the puppies that were just ecstatic I was home. Lol. I mean since I work from home I'm pretty much with them all day every day, so they definitely missed me.

Overall, life is just good. Steve and I are both counting our points and making progress and I couldn't be happier. Now I better get back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!

    After your description of your job, it leads me to wonder...what do you do? :)

    So nice that your husband appreciates you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an insurance underwriter/product manager. I've been working for the same insurance company out of San Diego since October 2004. Did I mention I'm up to 4 weeks of vacation time a year?!?! :-)

    ReplyDelete