Monday, July 26, 2010

Zumba, The Dog Park and Painting!

I had THE best weekend. Friday night I had some wine and watched movies and just hung out with my dogs. Then Saturday morning I got up and went to my first Zumba class. I absolutely LOVED it!!!! I've heard a lot about people taking Zumba classes and really enjoying it, but I just hadn't gotten myself out there to try it. First off, walking into the place that offers the class I immediately liked it. There were a bunch of women in the room waiting for the class to begin and they just seemed like a bunch of friends. I feel like a lot of these women use this class as a chance to socialize as well as get/stay fit. I'm hoping I hit it off with someone and maybe get a new friend or two out of it, but who knows. I tend to be a little shy in situations like this and just keep to myself, but if someone approaches me, then I'm an open book and am completely outgoing. Anywho, the class started and I immediately had a huge grin on my face. I'm a dancer at my core, even though it's been quite some time since I've actually danced. So when we started dancing I was immediately on cloud nine. Plus, since I love to dance I put that extra little oomph into each of the moves which helps me burn even more calories. The moves were a lot of hip hop and salsa/latin type moves, which I really enjoy so that was fun. Overall it was just great. The first half hour I was rocking it, but the second half I did have to push a bit harder. I think that's a good thing though, it just means that the class challenges me. I will definitely be back for more Zumba!

After the class I went home and showered and loaded up the dogs and took them to the dog park. It was fairly hot out, so the dog park was completely empty. Luckily my dogs have each other to play with so it wasn't a big deal. Since it's basically just a huge fenced in field we just walked around the entire park a few times and spent about half an hour there. The dogs loved it of course.

After that I took the dogs home and went out and did a little shopping. Lately I've been coming out my shell a bit more in terms of how I dress and my "style". I'm just enjoying buying things that really make me feel good about myself. I'm still on a budget, so I didn't go crazy but I got a couple things at Old Navy. Here are pics of a few of the things I got and the colors I got them in:


I also got a long black sun dress that I couldn't find a picture of and a pair of black exercise shorts. I went to Victoria's Secret too and bought some new bras. Let me tell you, that was LONG overdue. The bras I had just didn't fit well. I've known for a while that I should get a few new ones, so since it's my birthday in a week and Victoria's Secret sent me a coupon in the mail I figured what the heck and bought myself some pretty bras that actually fit! What a concept, lol.

After my little shopping spree I went home, had dinner and then I painted! Two of my hobbies checked off in one day! I painted the picture for a friend of mine, so I don't want to post a picture of it before I give it to them, but I think I did really good. More importantly, though, I enjoyed it. Painting is just soothing. That was the end of my day and I couldn't have been happier.

I woke up on Sunday feeling energized and a little sore from Zumba, but I was still just feeling really good about life. I met up with a friend and we went to this little store that opened recently near her place where everything in the store is handmade. I bought these cute earrings and couple hair pins with flowers. Then we went to the movies and afterward got some pizza at this great pizza place. It was definitely another great day.

I'm just feeling really good about life right now. I'm happy about these changes I'm seeing in myself and my attitude. Life is good. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great (and very well deserved) weekend!! Hope you have a great week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of your cute clothes, but the top sweater vest is my favorite!! One of the things I look forward to is going to Victoria Secrets and buying a bra. They don't have my size now, so when I lose some weight in that area I will be so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life IS good. And I love your clothes. And I love Zumba.
    Nice to hear your cheeriness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found something that you found that is FUN!!! It's so important to have fun when you exercise.

    Love the outfits. I went to ON yesterday with my sis. They had flip flops on sale 2/$5 and some pink ones were .49 cents each. WOW. I hardly ever go to ON but probably need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a fun day. You have inspired me to get new bras this week. Mine are all too big but I didn't want to buy new ones because the only ones I like are expensive so I just keep tightening the straps but it's getting uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete