Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Life is Crazy!!

Sorry I've been gone for so long! Life has been extremely crazy as of late. I was living in the house and just not happy being there. I felt really alone and needed to get away. My brother and sister-in-law suggested I move in with them in Appleton, WI while I figure out my next step and so that's what I did. I moved in this past Saturday and so far things are going well. The living situation is actually really good. They have a finished basement that already had a TV and couches. Then they had a pool table down here, but they moved it out of the way and moved the guest bed down here so I essentially have my own studio apartment. We set up my computer on a card table, so I can still work. And there's even a full bath down here. Oh there's also an empty unfinished bedroom down here, which has worked out great because if I want to go somewhere and I don't want to worry about my puppies messing with any of their stuff I can just put them in that room with some toys and I don't have to worry as much.

The hard part about living here so far is that they don't have a fenced in yard. The puppies are used to going outside and running around and playing and going to the bathroom whenever they want. Now I'm just walking them a few times a day and I'm hoping they'll get used to that routine soon. They've had a couple accidents (which they never did at the house anymore) and it's stressing out my brother and sister-in-law, so I really hope they adjust soon and stop with the accidents. Mostly it's been at night when I'm sleeping. I'll take them out before I go to bed, they'll usually wake me up once at some point in the night and I'll take them out again and then I'll get up in the morning and find an accident. I really hope it stops soon, because I don't know what more I can do to prevent it and I really don't want to have to think about what I'd need to do if they don't stop and they don't want the dogs here anymore.

Then there are the walks. They haven't been walked regularly for some time before moving in here. When you have a yard it just gets so easy to let them run around in the yard and not walk them. I started out walking them separately. At first it was awful and then they both started to improve. It's really a pain to walk them separately. I'd rather walk them together and take them for a longer walk rather than two shorter walks, so last night I took them for their first walk together. It's quite ridiculous looking I'm sure. They pull the ENTIRE time. They're choking themselves like crazy and it's like they egg each other on to try and go faster while I'm trying to maintain a steady walking pace. I'm not really sure how to get them to stop pulling when they're walking together. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong. I've been told to give them treats when they're doing things right, but one of my dogs is not remotely interested in treats when out walking so that makes it rough. Maybe I need to go back to walking them one at a time until they both get really good separately and then I can work on walking them together again. But then I worry the dog waiting behind will have an accident, which I'm obviously trying to avoid so we can keep living here. Oh well, we shall see. The upside is that my arms and shoulders are getting a great work out. The second day here my shoulders were soooo sore! Lol.

In terms of exercise these multiple daily walks have been my exercise lately. My brother and sister-in-law have a really nice treadmill down in the basement with me that I'm planning to put to use tonight for the first time. I'm also going to look for local Zumba classes. I'm bummed that I found that great place to take classes in Indianapolis only to leave without really being able to utilize it all that much.

I have to say that I'm a bit scared to see what the future holds for me. I just turned 28 and I'm basically starting over. However, I'm starting over and I still have a huge responsibility in having the 2 dogs. I'm nervous about where my life will lead me, but at the same time I'm excited to see how my life progresses over the next year or two. I'm worried I'm not going to be able to handle the dogs by myself. I'm already missing out on one thing I could have done had I not had the dogs. They're great at boarding facilities and doggy daycares, so as long as I can afford that I'll utilize those so I don't miss out on things I want to do where I can't bring them. Money is tight, though, so there's only so much I can do. Also, they're young and used to me being with them almost all the time, so leaving them home while I go out to do things always makes me a little nervous since they still chew on things from time to time when they're bored. I just try to make sure they have toys and dog bones and things to keep them busy.

Anyway, I went off on a doggy tangent again. My point was I'm a bit scared. I'm getting older and I'm single again and truth be told I really want to have kids and have a family. It gets scarier thinking about that when you're single and close to 30 and don't know where life will lead you. That said, I wouldn't change the decision that I made. I know I can build a better life for myself than the track I was on in my previous relationship. I'm hoping I find someone who inspires me to be the best me possible and pushes me to try new things and go to new places that I've always wanted to go to, but never had the guts. And I hope that I continue growing as a person to have the courage to make my life what I want it to be all on my own.

I've got a lot to figure out in the next few weeks and I'm going to try to continue eating healthy and exercising and hopefully I'll be able to weigh in this Friday, if my sister-in-law has a scale, since I didn't think to bring mine. Anyway, I'll try to post more and keep you updated on the goings on in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl! How very nice of your bro and sis in law to let you bunk with them. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete