Friday, September 17, 2010

Weigh In

I weighed in today at 178.5 lbs!! That's another 2.5 lbs gone. :-) Only 2.5 more lbs to go to reach my 30 lbs lost goal. Honestly, I still haven't been watching what I eat at all. I've continued the four walks a day with the dogs. Usually we walk at 8:30am, 1:00pm, 6:00pm and 10:00pm. Maybe the walks every few hours improves my metabolism? Whatever it is, it rocks. Although, I do want to focus on eating healthier, cause I know eating poorly just isn't good for my body.

I found an apartment in Milwaukee! Finally! I can't tell you how good it's going to feel once I'm settled into my new place. My brother and sister-in-law have been great and living here has been wonderful, but I'm just craving my independence. I tend to be a bit of a loner at times, so I'm looking forward to getting some alone time to just do what I want when I want. I can walk around naked and not worry about someone walking in on me. ;-) Anyway, I'm just really looking forward to it.

About the new place. It's in a part of town called Bayview and...JewliaGoulia is going to be my neighbor. How cool is that!! I emailed her once to ask her about biking trails in Milwaukee and found out she lived in the neighborhood I was looking to potentially move in to and now I am officially moving to that neighborhood. It's crazy to think how starting a blog can turn into you potentially turning "blog friends" into real everyday friends. Lol.

About the new apartment. It's the upstairs of a duplex. It has two bedrooms, one bath with a clawfoot bathtub, wood floors, walk in closets in both bedrooms, the kitchen is open to the living room, a fenced in yard, offstreet parking, laundry in the basement and rent includes heat which is key in Wisconsin. Basically, it rocks my socks off. The only things it didn't have was a dishwasher and AC...I think I'll live. It's fall so AC is no longer an issue and I'm only one person so dishes shouldn't be too bad. I just have to suck it up.

Anyway, that's what's going on in my world. I'll be moving in early October and then I'm really going to focus on improving my eating habits. Once I'm in my own place, and not eating out of someone else's fridge, there won't be any excuses. Plus there are a few "healthy" grocery stores in the area that I plan to check out to see if they have decent variety and if the prices aren't too high. No matter what though, I will be improving my eating habits for sure.

I seriously can't wait to move. I'm signing the lease tonight and then I'm going down to Indiana for the weekend to pack up the rest of my stuff, so that when moving day comes it'll go as smoothly as possible. I'm also going to pick up a few things to bring back with me to my brother's house: my food scale, some healthy cookbooks, my roomba (I hate vaccuuming!), my cloth tape measure so I can finally do measurements and my scale so I can get back to using the one I started with. Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! Love your Blog, I have a Blog Award that you can pick up at my Blog. Your doing a great job on your weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this articles and really impressed so much. Thanks so much for sharing us.
    Acai Berry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new home! I hope it's just what you're craving. :) Hugs, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete