Friday, October 1, 2010

Weigh In!!

I weighed in this morning at 176.2 lbs. That's another pound I'm down! Slow and steady, but it's going down and that's the important thing. I'm only two tenths of a pound away from 30 lbs lost. Also, I've only got two months left till my year anniversary since I began this blog. I've definitely had my fair share of small gains and just stagnant progress, but for 10 months I've continued to slowly, but surely lose and that's huge!

Another huge milestone is that I've surpassed my low weight last time I tried to lose weight in 2008! My low weight then was 176.5 lbs and then I started to gain. I'm not far under that, but I'm under it and I'm proud. It took me significantly less time to lose the weight that go around, but this time it's going to stick. I'm not going to gain the weight back, rather I'm going to continue losing.

I want to set a new healthy goal for myself. By the end of the year I want to get down to at least 166.4 lbs. That puts me in the healthy BMI range with a BMI of 24.9. That's just 9.8 lbs that I'd need to lose in 13 weeks. That's more than doable. Hopefully, I can blow that out of the water. I'm going to start cycling again, in addition to the dog walking, once I get settled in my new place with my stationary bike. And I'm planning to focus on getting more fruits and vegetables into my diet. However, I've got to get through holiday season too, so it may be a cinch or with the holidays it may be just right. I don't plan to go crazy over the holidays, but I want to be realistic. Throughout this whole thing I wanted to make this something I can stick with and that's I think why I've lasted 10 months, but that's also why the weight's coming off slower than it could and I'm ok with that.

I'm definitely starting to notice a bigger difference in my energy levels. Sometimes, when I'm walking my dogs I'll decide to jog with them for a bit...and it's easy. I used to get horribly out of breath even thinking about jogging for a block and all of a sudden it's a piece of cake. Also, I've started doing jumping jacks sometimes when something's heating up in the microwave. The other day I did 100 jumping jacks! And again, it was pretty easy. I didn't really even break a sweat, which for me is unheard of. I've always referred to myself as a sweaty Betty, lol. I'm just much lighter on my feet and dancing or jogging or playing with kids or whatever is just so much easier than it ever was before and it feels great! I always thought I was just a lazy person and I was never going to be one to want to get up and move around unless I had to, but as more weight comes off the more I enjoy any kind of movement, whether it's playing with my dogs or dancing to my iPod.

I'm just excited to see where life takes me as I continue hitting these milestones and getting healthier and feeling more and more sure of myself. I'm moving into my new place next weekend and I can't wait! I'm looking forward to getting settled and working on starting up my life again and dating. I've got so much to offer I just need to be with someone who can offer in return what I need.

Anyway, this weekend my dad and step-mom are in town visiting from California, so I'm looking forward to a nice dinner out with them tomorrow night. They haven't seen me since I've lost these almost 30 pounds! Then I've got a 3 day week next week and the move begins! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment