Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blech!

My back is, unfortunately, as bad as ever. I've been going to the chiropractor for about a week and a half now and haven't really seen any improvement yet. In fact, it seems to be even worse at times. I had an appointment yesterday and since it had gotten quite a bit worse over the weekend, she did ultrasound therapy in addition to what she typical does. I'm not sure what the other thing she does is called, but she puts these little pads on my back that are hooked up to a machine that runs little electrical currents through my muscles to break up the muscle spasm. The ultrasound is supposed to emit a deep heat (although it only feels slightly warm on your skin) to break up the muscle spasm.

They also do massage at this office, so today I will be getting a half hour massage and then have another treatment with the chiropractor. My back is just messed up and it definitely makes me not want to work out in any way, although, I know I should because the more I move the better it feels. It's stiff and uncomfortable at first, but it usually does feel a bit better after I exercise. I'm just not sure what I should or shouldn't be doing in terms of making my back better and not worse. Before I go in for the massage and chiropractor appointments I also have a doctor's appointment. Since moving to Milwaukee I have yet to see a doctor, so I decided I should get a primary care physician on board with my back issues as well (plus I just need to establish care with a doctor anyway, so I can handle any other issues that may come up). I found a nearby doctor and am going to see them this afternoon, just before my massage and chiropractic appointments. Hopefully I'll start to have some breakthroughs soon, because this sucks.

I still need to go to the gym and sign up for a membership, but since I moved to WI payroll had to mail me a paper check this pay period and I'm waiting on that and then I'll go check out the gym and hopefully sign myself up. I'm afraid to see what all these doctor bills are going to cost me. My insurance isn't great, but the fact is I've got to figure out what's going on with my back because life like this just isn't working for me.

Aside from all of that I had a great weekend. I went to Appleton to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday with her. It was a great time. This first pic is of me and my aunt Jen who has actually become quite good friends with my sister-in-law, Kristin. She's the youngest of all of my mom's siblings.


Then this picture is all of us girls, minus one, that went out that night. My sister-in-law, Kristin, is the one who's second to the left next to me. Then next to her is my aunt Jen again and Kristin's friend Laura. It was definitely a fun night. Nothing too crazy, just a nice night out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tania!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I thought I would return the favor. I'm sorry to hear about your back, it sounds pretty painful. I hope it gets better sooner than later.
    On another note, it looks like you and I are on very similar journeys. I started at 212 and my goal is 130. I'm at 183 currently, so I'm working my tail off to break into the 170s. Congrats to you for getting into the 170s! I look forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete