Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hey There!

I know I've been really bad about posting over the past few months. I've definitely let life get the best of me. Between moving, trying to get settled into a new city and a friend coming to visit for a week I've been busy and really haven't been focused at all. I want to re-focus myself and get my butt back in gear, so I can reach my goals.

My one year anniversary from when I started this blog is just 3 weeks from now! I know I haven't lost a ton of weight, but I'm still proud to be where I am compared with where I was a year ago. I weighed myself this morning and I am up a pound from my last weigh in, but considering I haven't been overly focused on weight loss (or even really maintenance for that matter) I'm proud that I've basically learned how to maintain. I've still got a ways to go, but in my adult life whenever I've lost weight before I've put it right back on once I stopped tracking. This time is definitely different for me.

To end my year with a bang I'm really going to push myself to exercise daily, take my dogs for walks, seek out some exercise classes (still looking for a zumba class in my area) and just try to make better food choices. We'll see what I can accomplish in these last 3 weeks. I'd love to get into the 160's, but that might be pushing it, so we'll see what happens.

I will do an official weigh in this Friday and get my butt back on track. :-)

Since I've been gone a while here are a few recent pictures. This first one is of my and my dog Dot. I decided to pick her up and of course the first thing she tries to do is lick my face.


This is a picture of the view of Lake Michigan (or as my friend said "that's not a lake, that's an ocean!" - she's from San Diego, lol) from the park that's less than half a mile from my house.


Here's a picture of my very first tattoo that I just got a week and a half ago! It's mostly healed now and I'm glad I got it. It signifies good luck in this new phase of my life where I'm single living in a new city.


Here's a picture of my great friend Tiffany (the one from San Diego) and I in Chicago. We took a day trip down there while she was here and had a great time.


Last but not least here's a picture of the really pretty necklace I bought for myself in Chicago. Who says you can't buy yourself a heart shaped necklace?

No comments:

Post a Comment