Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I need advice!

I know I already posted once today (I'm MIA and then twice in one day...go figure), but I need to get your opinions. I've been suffering with some bad back pain lately. I wake up in the morning and hobble around like a little old lady until my back muscles stretch out a bit, then it still hurts but at least I can walk where most people wouldn't notice the issue. When I'm sitting at my computer working pain shoots down my legs, not all day long, but enough to be frustrating. When I stand up after sitting for a while I again deal with a little bit of the old lady syndrome until my muscles stretch out. It's not debilitating, but it is majorly uncomfortable, although I do have a pretty high pain tolerance.

About a week ago I decided to try out going to a chiropractor. She told me that I do have a pretty significant muscle spasm in my back, mainly my lower back but she did say it goes into my upper back as well. So far I have been 3 times and while I love the sessions I can't help but wonder if it's really going to fix my problems. Should I go to the doctor and get a referral to see a physical therapist instead? Or perhaps I should just set up my own workout routine including things like pilates and yoga to help with the muscle issues? I've enjoyed my visits to the chiropractor's office, but honestly it's fairly expensive and I haven't noticed much of a difference yet except for the temporary relief directly following the appointment. I realize it's only been a week and I may just need to be patient. She said it could take up to a month to notice any significant difference. I'm just trying to decide if this is the right route for me? Or if there's anything specific I should be doing in addition to going to the chiropractor. I'd love for this to get better so I no longer need to go to the chiropractor, I'd rather it not be a weekly thing for the rest of my life, lol. Any advice would greatly appreciated, since I'd love to not be in pain all day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment