Monday, December 20, 2010

The Holidays Are HARD

This is my first holiday single in 5 years and let me tell you it is HARD! Everywhere you turn there are families, ads about what to buy for your husband/wife and lifetime Christmas movies, lol. On top of that it's my favorite holiday and it is definitely hard to be spending this year alone. Not to say that my friends and family aren't great, because they certainly are. And I won't be alone I'll be surrounded by my family and I'm sure come Friday when I'm with family I'll be fine, but right now it is tough. I want nothing more than to be married and have a family of my own and I know it'll happen for me when it's meant to.

That said I've got a lot to be grateful for. I've got family and friends that love and support me. I've got my dogs, which I thank god for. Going through a time in my life such as this it helps more than I can ever express to have the unconditional love that I get from them. It may sound silly to someone without pets, but having them has definitely helped me get through some of the tough moments over the past six months. I have a roof over my head, food in my fridge and clothes on my back.

I just need to remind myself to appreciate all of the things I have in my life. I am a good person, with a good heart and in time I will get all of the things I deserve. Enough talk of this, I just needed to get my feelings out there. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and appreciate all of the blessings you have in your life.

1 comment: