Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Year Anniversary

This post is a day late, but it's my one year anniversary! Unfortunately my weight is the same as it was last time I weighed in, but I'm still proud. I'm proud that I've lost a decent amount of weight and I've kept it off. I'm much more aware of my choices and I make a conscious effort to make healthier choices. Obviously I still need to get that focus back so I can finish this journey that I'm on, but in the mean time I'm just happy to be this much better off than I was a year ago.

That said, I've got some other interesting news. I'm on a dating website called Match and I'm meeting up with someone for coffee this weekend. I am extremely nervous. Even though I lost a decent amount of weight I'm still not where I'd like to be and I still have that mindset where I worry if he'll think that I'm too fat. I know that's an awful way to think, but I just can't help it! The main reason I'm so nervous is because he seems like a great catch. He's the kind of guy you only hope would be interested in you. At least that's what comes across for me from his profile and the couple emails we've exchanged. He's tall, dark and handsome as they say. He's got a great smile, dimples (gotta love that)...and he's a doctor. Seriously?? Anyway, I'm sure you can see why I'm nervous.

On another note I had a great Thanksgiving. I got to see family I haven't seen in quite some time. It was just good to catch up with everyone. Living out of state I missed a lot of family functions, so it was nice to be a part of it again. I'm looking forward to my first Christmas back in WI. While I type it's lightly snowing outside. My dogs are whining, so I guess I better go take them outside. Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Anniversary! Happy Day! A great catch like MrTallDarkHansomeDoctorwithDimples would be lucky to have a catch like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for a new post Tania! I want to hear how your date went! Please also include details about whether or not he was handsome. I want to know.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I hope you are doing well and have made positive progress on your journey.

    Elle

    ReplyDelete