Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gym Shenanigans and My New Haircut!

I went and joined the gym last night. First off it was CROWDED!!! I fully expected this given all the new years resolutioners, plus I went after work so what else did I think I would get. I walked through the crowd of people and finally saw an unused treadmill. It was amongst a group of guys, but I don't scare easily, so I hopped on. I really wanted to use a treadmill as opposed to another piece of equipment, because I just enjoy running (well...I will the more I get back into it). I remember this experience a few years ago where I was running on a treadmill at a full out sprint and I just felt this amazing euphoria pass through my body. Lol, it sounds silly, but I just had this great feeling and I just wanted to run as fast as I could for as long as I could.

Anyway, back to last night. The group of guys dissipated fairly quickly. First I was joined by two little old ladies on the treadmills next to me. The lady closest to me was explaining to her friend how to use the treadmill. I never realized how much I take it for granted that I know how to use pretty much any piece of gym equipment. They get going a little and the lady next to me puts on her iPod...and starts singing along. And it definitely wasn't good singing. I was thisclose to asking her to please stop singing, but luckily she only made it three quarters of a mile before she determined she had done her part to shed the weight as per her new years resolution.

Next came another two women, but these two were in their low 20's. They were chatting the whole time about dating and what they'd do if they won the lottery. It was all about material possessions; the cars they would buy and the clothes and the houses and how they'd never work again, etc. Of course if any of us were in that situation we'd buy material possessions, but the fact that they didn't mention one good deed they'd do with the money just drove me up a wall. But, I just kept trucking along. Lol, I'd forgotten how interesting people can be at the gym.

Aside from the funny people I got in a great workout. I did about an hour, burned over 500 calories and walked/jogged a little over 4 miles. Not exactly a mind blowing pace, but I was proud of that for my first gym outing.

I've really felt great all of last night and today. I'm just cheerful and lighthearted...I just feel good. I decided to make myself a great lunch. I cooked up some shrimp with a teeny amount of butter and some salt free seasoning. It's sooo good that way. Then I also had some gnocchi with spaghetti sauce and a little shaved parmesan. It was definitely a great lunch.


Finally, let's get to the haircut! I didn't really end up getting anything like either one of the pics people voted for. I brought both pictures along and kind of talked with the stylist about what I was looking for. Without further ado here's me before my haircut...


And AFTER!!! What do you think? I definitely have to get used to the bangs (and my hair has to get used to having bangs and doing what I want it to do), but I'm digging the change. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the haircut! It totally suits you.
    And yay for gym memberships! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu are such a beautiful lady. Love the new hair. I have got to get mine done asap I'm almost two months over due.

    ReplyDelete