Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!

How was your new year?? Mine was really great. I couldn't be happier. I guess I should backtrack a little to Christmas since I haven't posted since before then. Christmas was wonderful, as I knew it would be. I went to my mom's and just got to relax for a few days. It was a really nice break and it's always great to be with family. That's something about going to my mom's that's just...easy. No pretenses, I can just sit around watching movies and not have to worry about anything.

I also had a few outings with a good friend of mine which really seems to perk me up. There are certain people in your life where you just feel like you can be yourself no holds barred and this friend is one of those people. We saw Black Swan, which was a great movie! It's one of those movies that literally has scenes that just leave your mouth hanging open. And afterward we couldn't stop talking about it. I would definitely recommend checking it out. It's a trippy movie, but I loved it.

Back to New Years Eve. I met up with another friend and started the night off with a drink at her place and some munching on food we made for the night. Then we loaded up all of the food and drinks and headed out to another friend's place where we had planned ahead to stay the night so we would be safe. Let me just say, I had a blast! I danced my heart out ALL.NIGHT.LONG! I was definitely in single girl mode. Not in the sense that I was looking for someone random dude to make out with, lol (I didn't actually kiss anyone at midnight), but just in the sense that I let loose and had fun and danced like no one was watching. :-) I felt so good and so free. That night I had no cares in the world. I wasn't worried about my house that I'm still trying to sell or the credit cards that I'm trying to pay off or the weight that I still need to lose, I was just me and at that moment being me was perfect. That night I felt this confidence and sureness about myself that no amount of money can buy. I didn't take any pictures since my camera is on the fritz, but my friend did so I'm hoping to steal a few from her if she posts them on Facebook...ahhh Facebook, lol.

I've got to say, though, all of that dancing had consequences. I was getting down in a way I haven't in ages. And my back and knees are letting me know they're not used to it! The past couple mornings I've been woken up by my back and knee pain. In the mean time I'm icing it and stretching and I'm sure it'll start getting better soon. I have an appointment with my chiropractor tomorrow, but I'm going to see if I can push it up to today.

Also, I'm planning to finally get that gym membership. I'm not looking forward to joining at the same time as all of the new year's resolutioners, but I need to finally just get it done with and start getting to the gym regularly. I've finally settled on Bally's. They have classes and nice equipment and the price is right. I was hoping to find a cool locally owned gym, but it just wasn't in the cards. Plus with Bally's I can pretty much take that membership with me anywhere. Should I end up moving again (not that I've got any plans in the near future for this) I will most likely be able to find a nearby Bally's and not have to go out searching for a new gym again. Or even if I'm just traveling or visiting friends or whatever, I'll be able to just check out the closest club. Plus there are 4 locations in the Milwaukee area, so if one of them has a better class time for me than another I can always try out a different location.

I better get back to work, but I'm definitely feeling good and looking forward to what 2011 has in store for me!


****Edited****

I just wanted to add one more thing. What a difference a year makes, huh? We need to remember to gives ourselves credit for our accomplishments rather than spending too much time focusing on the things we've yet to accomplish. And me...I'm damn proud of what I've accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad you enjoyed the night, sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete