Friday, January 14, 2011

Weigh In and Bootcamp!

I worked out twice last week, three times this week...and I gained. To be completely honest I don't get it. But maybe it's just one of those things, my body getting used to working out again, yada yada yada. I hate to sound like those people who make excuses for why they gained. Oh well, it's a new week.

JewliaGoulia invited me to go to a bootcamp class with her tomorrow (we live in the same neighborhood). At first I didn't want to do it, because frankly getting my butt out of bed early on a Saturday morning is not my idea of fun, lol, but since I gained this week that was all the push I needed for me to decide I should go. Plus, I finally get to meet her!

Let's backtrack now. My training session last night was great. My trainer seems to be a little shy, but he seems to be coming out of his shell a little more. Last night was our third session, ten to go. I've always referred to myself as a "sweaty Betty" and last night was no different. He had me doing walking lunges while holding a weighted ball (whatever the heck they're called) and I was literally dripping sweat into my eyes. Then he had me lay down on a mat to do some other exercises and when I got up the mat was covered in sweat...so gross. In my attempt to lighten the mood I made a joke about how he probably doesn't train anyone else that sweats as much as I do and he just laughed! I was expecting him to say "oh no, everyone sweats a lot, you're totally normal", but NO I got no such reassurance. Lol, oh well, sweaty Betty it is.

I also took a Pilates/Yoga class the day before yesterday. It was an hour long class that combined Pilates and Yoga. I knew it'd be hard, but holy crap was it challenging. At the beginning of the class she didn't play any music, which I didn't care for, but eventually she turned some music on. Also, the back "wall" of the room is all windows with exercise equipment and a walking/running track just outside the room, so people are constantly looking in. And since it was my first time taking the class I wanted to be in the back, which meant I was right in front of the windows putting me in a prime viewing spot for everyone to stare at. The things I really liked about this class were that it did a great job of helping me stretch out and we did back/core strengthening exercises which I really need with all of the back problems I've had. Overall, I was really glad I took it.

Last, but not least, I wanted to share some of my yummy food I've had over the past few days. Lunch a couple days ago was this bomb ass salad. It has lettuce (of course), avocado, egg and this great organic onion cucumber salad dressing that only has 40 calories in every 2 tbsp. I used more than I needed, but it was still really good.


Then was the breakfast I had both yesterday and today. It included oatmeal, vanilla greek yogurt, a small banana, some blackberries and a few chocolate chips. So yummy!


Last, but certainly not least, was my dinner from last night. It's Tom Kha Gai, which is Thai coconut milk based soup with chicken and mushrooms. It's one of my favorite meals.


Finally, I'll leave you with a puppy picture (I know, I know they're not really puppies anymore). When I'm working at my desk and they want to go outside, this is what I see...

No comments:

Post a Comment