Monday, January 10, 2011

Sore Arms, a Movie and a Date!

Happy Monday! My arms are still incredibly sore! Putting on my jacket to take the dogs outside is painful! I did some things this weekend that probably didn't exactly aid in the healing process, but what can you do. I have this hand held vibrating massager that I've been using, so hopefully that'll help. No pain no gain, right?

My weekend was great. I took the day off Friday just because and got some things done around the house. Plus I ran some errands. Then I just spent the night in and relaxed. Sometimes it's so nice to be able to just relax...especially in a clean house.

Saturday I had a pretty full day. I had a baby shower in the afternoon. My roommate my senior year of college is having a baby. It's so surreal seeing friends having babies. I have one friend from high school that has two kids and now this friend from college will be having her baby any day now. It's actually surprising, considering I'm 28, that only two friends of mine have kids. Of course there are acquaintances and friends of friends with kids and just plain old tons of people I went to high school with that have kids, but of my close friends only two have had/are having kids.

After the baby shower I met up with a friend for dinner and a movie. We had a nice meal at a restaurant I haven't been to before (although pretty much every time I go to a restaurant it's new to me, since I've only lived here a few months). We also got a bottle of wine, which was really nice. It's always fun to just talk over a bottle of wine and some good food. Then we went and saw The King's Speech. I really liked it. Nothing mind blowing like Black Swan, but it was a touching movie about friendship and pride. Overall Saturday was a great day.

Tonight I have another training appointment, so wish me luck. Hopefully my triceps aren't going to hurt ten times worse after tonight! It feels good, though, to know that I'm doing this for myself, that I'm taking the time to do what I need to do to make myself healthy. Why we don't all always make ourselves a priority is beyond me. The more I do for myself the happier I am. And who doesn't want to be happier?

Last, but not least, I should be going on a date this week. I'm not sure about the actual night for the date, but I've been emailing with someone for a while now and he said he wants to take me out this week. I don't know when or what or where, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment