Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Vacation and my spare tire...

I had a great workout last night with my trainer. Although, he totally forgot about me and was 15 minutes late, which definitely irked me a bit. We had an appointment last Wednesday that he called to try and change to a time that didn't work for me, so we just switched it to 6pm yesterday. Well when he called me he was at home and he never wrote down my appointment when he got into the gym. I've got to say he seems a little flaky at times. He's definitely young, but he kicks my butt so I can't complain too much. A funny thing did happen during the training session last night. He was telling me how his college classes started and how he now has to schedule his training appointments around his class schedule. Then he asks me if I'm going to graduate soon...and I tell him I graduated a while ago. He asks when I graduated and I tell him 2004 and he's like "Oh...". Ha, I don't think he realized I was that much older than him, which I guess I should take as a compliment, but it was funny.

There was another thing about my training session that was not so fun. He had me doing squats with a barbell in front of a mirror and all I could see was my spare tire. I hold a little bit of weight in my arms and thighs, but almost all of it is this damn spare tire. So as I'm squatting in front of this mirror I look down and this extra weight around my middle is just staring me in the face. It just made it crystal clear I need to shed my excess weight so that it won't look like that anymore. Plus carrying weight around your midsection is the most unhealthy body type to have. To reduce your health risks your waist measurement should be under 30 inches. I've always wondered where that measurement should be, though? I measure the smallest part of my waist for that measurement, which is right about where my belly button is. However, where my pants sit and what I'd use for my waist measurement for pants is below my belly button and is definitely larger than the smallest part of my waist. Which one should be under 30 inches? Should my pant size be under 30? Or should the smallest part of my waist be under 30?

I have a great friend that lives in San Diego and we have decided to plan a vacation for the two of us. We both are working on our health, we're single and we just want to do something good for ourselves. So we decided we would take a trip, just the two of us, to somewhere warm. At first we were thinking somewhere more tropical and then we started thinking about Key West. We want to keep costs down a bit, if we can, but at the same time we want to make sure we have a great time. Our plan is to go there for the 4th of July, because we figured that would be a fun time to visit somewhere since there'd likely be a lot of fun activities going on. That leaves us five months to really focus on our health and to save money for the trip. I've never taken a "real" vacation before where I hopped on a plane and traveled somewhere so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Plus, since we'll be going somewhere where we'll be spending a lot of time in bathing suits that's obvious incentive to keep me on track. I'd love it if I would reach my goal weight by then, but even if I just get close to it that would be great. Here's to seeing what I can do in the next 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment