Friday, January 28, 2011

Weigh In and Measurement Update

I weighed in today at 176.8 lbs. That's up a pound. Grrr...hopefully I'll post a 2 lb loss next week like I did last week. We shall see. I've been working my butt off at the gym. I worked out with my trainer twice. He always leaves me dripping with sweat, so god knows how many calories I burn in those workouts. Then I also worked out last Friday with a friend of mine. It ended up being a great workout. We did cardio, arms, abs and finished with a little more cardio. I definitely left there feeling wiped in a great way. We're working out again today at 2pm. We've decided we're going to be workout buddies and workout together every Friday she doesn't haven't to work (I think I mentioned that already?). Also, I worked out at home and cycled for an hour on Wednesday. On the workout front I'm doing great.

As for food I've done pretty well. I tracked most days and on days where I didn't track I was conscious of my choices. I definitely could have done better, but I had some great days as well. For example, here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:
1/3 c. oatmeal
1 banana
1 Tbsp peanut butter
10g chocolate chips
coffee
2 Tbsp cream

Lunch:
2 1/2 cups romaine lettuce
2 medium hard boiled egg whites (no yolk)
2.5 oz chicken
3 tbsp organic garlic asiago salad dressing (only 40 cals for 2 Tbsp)

Snack:
1/4 c. walnuts

Dinner:
56g organic whole wheat penne pasta
1/2 c. heart smart spaghetti sauce
2.5 oz chicken
120g french style green beans (plain)

Dessert:
1 banana (frozen and processed to be like ice cream consistency - love this!)

Total calories for the day: 1,386

Overall it was a great food day. I had lots of food and felt very satisfied. If only every day could be like this! I'm working on getting to a point where every day will be like this, but I'm definitely a work in progress.

I also took my measurements today. I haven't taken my measurements in four months, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Here's how everything shook out:

Neck: 13.0 (same)
Bicep: 11.75 (same)
Forearm: 9.5 (same)
Bust: 39.75 (same)
Waist: 33.25 (-1.25)
Hip: 41.50 (-0.25)
Thigh: 22.25 (same)
Calf: 14.25 (-0.25)
Total: 185.25 (-1.75)

A lot stayed the same, but I definitely saw a decent loss in my waist, which is great! The last time I took my measurements I only weighed 0.4 lbs more than I weighed this morning. So to see a 1.25 inch loss in my waist when I only lost 0.4 lbs means I must be doing something right. Also, I would have sworn my calf measurement would go up. The trainer has had me doing tons of squats and while my calves look really toned they also seemed bigger to me, but I guess they're toned and smaller, so that's great!

I may not be where I want to be at weight-wise this week, but I'm definitely happy with my progress. I just have to keep chugging along. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tania! Goodness, it has been WAY too long since I've left a comment over here. I love your new haircut by the way... I forgot to tell you that when you got it cut.
    Way to go on your perseverance. The weeks where we gain or stay the same are so hard, but you just have to keep pushing.
    Summer will be here before we know it :)

    Elle,
    A PriorFatGirl

    ReplyDelete