Monday, January 24, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

How was your weekend? Mine was fan-freaking-tastic. Friday afternoon I met up with a friend at the gym for a workout. Let me backtrack a little. Before I joined my gym I told my friend what gym I was joining and it turned out she was a member there as well. We talked about working out together, but this is the first time we've done it in the three weeks since I joined. Anyway, I show up and we do the elliptical together for about half an hour. We were chatting, but at the same time I was really pushing and sweating, so I burned a ton of calories in that half hour. Then we decided to do an upper body workout, so we went over to the weight machines and each sat at machines that were next to one another and talked about tons of stuff while we were lifting. After that we did some ab work and holy hell was that hard! I do not have strong abs, but there were a few exercises that we did that worked my abs so good that I definitely need to work into my regular routine! Finally we hopped on the treadmill for another 15 minutes and then called it a day. Overall it was a great workout! She doesn't work most Fridays, so we're planning to do this every Friday she has off. Unfortunately she's working this Friday, but hopefully next week we'll be able to workout together again. I honestly felt like I had really just worked myself to the bone. We workout well together.

After that I went home and finished up my work day. Then my friend and I had planned on getting together at her place for a healthy dinner, wine and movies. She cooked breaded tilapia, brown rice and steamed spinach...it was soooo good. I brought the wine and a little dessert for us to share and we talked about life and then dove into the movies. We ended up watching 2 1/2 movies before I decided to go home since it was like 1:30am! It was a really fun night, though.

Saturday was frankly a lazy day. I basically hung around with the dogs all day and didn't do much of anything. It's definitely nice to have days like those sometimes.

Yesterday was all about cleaning and running errands. I returned a shirt and a pair of shoes that didn't fit properly. The stores were at opposite ends of the mall, so it gave me a chance to get a good amount of walking in. I didn't go into any other stores I just wanted to return my items and head out. Also one store was on the first floor and the other was on the second floor, so I used the stairs to get between floors rather than the escalators. It may sound silly, but every time I make a small decision like this to make a smarter choice it makes me feel like a million bucks. I feel proud that I care enough about my health to even think about it. So many people go through life not even considering these things and it feels good to know that I am no longer one of those people. I care about my health and I'm making conscious choices each day to improve it.

After that I went to Walmart. The main thing I was excited about purchasing was painting supplies. I had a painting idea, so I needed to get some new colors and I didn't have any more canvases, so I had to purchase some more canvases to paint on. I ended up picking up 6 canvases and then when I was going through the paint colors I got the ones I needed and then just decided to go ahead and pick out a bunch of colors. I figured that I'm going to be much more likely to paint if I already have all the colors I need on hand for a new idea. Whereas, if I have to pick up more colors at the store it's much easier to put it off. I really want to put some more time into my painting since I really do love it and I don't want to give myself a chance to make excuses, so I just went for it and picked out like 15 colors. Then I wanted something to hold the paint so I picked up a tupperware bin that will keep it all organized. I was so excited about this! I really can't wait to get started. I'll take a picture of the next painting I do once it's finished and post it. :-)

Last but not least I headed over to the grocery store to pick up some goodies. The place I go to has GREAT produce prices. I absolutely love it. So I got lots of fruits and veggies and a couple cuts of meat and I was good to go. I felt great about all of the things I accomplished yesterday. I've been putting in some real time doing things that are good for me and make me happy and it's definitely paying off. I feel great!

Finally, I wanted to leave you with a funny story. A little while ago my dog Duke was sitting on the floor next to my chair. All of a sudden I hear him farting. He tooted like five little ones in a row and then he got up and turned around to look at the floor like the floor was what made the noise. It was too funny! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment