Friday, February 18, 2011

Weigh In - 3 lb loss!!!

I weighed in this morning at 171.2 lbs!!! I can't even tell you how good it feels to have had two significant losses in a row. I am officially only 4.8 lbs away from being at a healthy weight! God, that's huge. I can't even believe how close I am to that. Also, I haven't been in the 160's for over 5 years! At the end of 2005 I weighed around 165 lbs. I can't wait until I've reached/surpassed that point. That really will be huge for me. I just feel unstoppable right now. It's amazing.

Some reasons why I've seen more progress lately:
- Tracking my food every day
- Incorporating more fruits and vegetables into my diet
- Eating well balanced meals
- Drinking lots of water
- Exercising ~4 times per week

So yeah, it's the pretty basic stuff that we all know we should do but don't always do. Lately I've just been doing all of it and it's paid off. I've also been working out with a new trainer that has made huge strides in helping to motivate me. Plus she kicks my ass in the gym. I was sweating so much yesterday...it's embarrassing. I officially need to bring a towel with me when I work out.

I have a fun weekend ahead of me, so I have to be wary of making too many bad choices. I don't ever want to live my life in such way that I'm not enjoying myself, but at the same time making healthy choices is important to me. I don't have dinner plans this weekend, so that gives me a good amount of control but I am meeting with friends for drinks a couple times. Any suggestions on what the best choices are? I know planning to drink heavily or anything crazy, but I do want to have a couple drinks, so I'd love to hear suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment