Friday, March 18, 2011

Weigh In and Vegetarian Diet

First off, let me just say that I have been sick for the past week and I'm finally feeling normal again! I weighed in this morning at 170.6! I love seeing that number go down. I finally hit 35 lbs lost! The big change for me is that I've decided to start eating vegetarian a few days a week. I would have thought it'd be hard, but it really wasn't. I love fruits and veggies, so it's not like I had to choke down what I was eating. It was really just the mental shift of deciding that I was eating vegetarian and not letting it be an option for me to talk myself out of it. Plus I wanted to see if it would make a difference in my weight loss. I only did it for the past 2 days, so I'm going to see what a difference a few more days in the following week makes. I'm not ready to go full veg, but for the most part I'm perfectly satisfied. Mentally, this is a great thing, because I feel so good knowing the great choices I'm making.

I wanted to share a few of the great meals I've made. For lunch on Wednesday I had a salad with cucumber, red onion, grape tomatoes, cider vinegar, olive oil (which I think was unnecessary) and sweetener. The recipe is slightly different from what I made, I added in the tomatoes, used sweetener instead of sugar and only used 1 Tbsp of olive oil (although, like I said I don't think it was necessary). It was so good. Then for dinner I made a big pot of vegetarian taco soup. Check out the link for the recipe. It had pinto beans, black beans, corn, tomatoes, hidden valley ranch seasoning mix, taco seasoning, morning star crumbles and onions. For the canned items I got no sodium and for the taco seasoning I got reduced sodium. It would have been healthier, obviously, if I had used fresh beans and spices but I still think it was decent. Plus I split it into 6 really good sized servings for 316 calories each. That with a little sour cream (although it was good without it too) is great for lunch or dinner. Plus now I have some in the freezer for meals over the next week or so when I don't feel like cooking. Here's a picture:


Then last night for dinner I made a veggie stir fry. It had onion, mushrooms, zucchini and broccoli slaw. I had enough for 3 servings and I added a little sweet chili sauce to the portion I had for dinner last night. The whole thing with the sauce was just 150 calories and very filling. I'm going to try it with peanut sauce next and see how that tastes. I like how the broccoli slaw gives you this visual of it being like a noodle dish when it's all veggies. It really was the bomb.


Last, but not least, I cycled last night on my stationary bike (I need to take my road bike outside now that it's warmer) for an hour and I had a really good "glow" going so I had to take a pic. :-)


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment