Monday, January 23, 2012

New New Beginning

Ugh, it has been almost a year since I stopped posting. I still work out (although not as regularly as I would like) and have done a decent job at maintaining, but my food choices are far less than stellar and my exercise habits are quite irregular. In terms of exercise I'm finally bringing dancing back into the mix. Considering how much I love it and how much of a big part of my life it used to be, it's crazy that I haven't done this sooner. I went and visited the studio and I have to say I'm really excited to get started. Nervous, but excited. They have tap, ballet, hip hop and zumba among other classes. Also, I have a 20 class pass for bikram yoga that I have to use up before it expires in June. My muscles are pretty much always wound up, just something about my body composition, so again this is something I should really be doing at least once a week and now I will be. I'm hoping the dance and bikram yoga will do a body good!! :-)

As for my food choices...yeah I'm struggling. Even though I'm unemployed and have all the time in the world I find myself ordering takeout and picking up food rather than taking the time to cook for myself. When I eat healthy and track my food I feel less bloated and have more energy. I truly feel amazing, so you'd think it'd be a piece of cake to stick to a healthy diet. But I have this mental issue where I really have a hard time saying no to myself and I make excuses for my bad choices or explain it away. I'm hoping if I start tracking my progress on here again and just lay all of my feelings out it'll help me figure out this mental block I'm having and start to make better decisions and finally make progress again.

My current weight is around 170. I've been hovering around this weight for almost a year now and it's time to take the bull by the reins again. I'm setting a goal for myself. I want to get down to my goal weight of 145 by June 1st. That gives me about 18 1/2 weeks to get there, which means I need to lose a little under 1.5 lbs a week. That's totally doable, I just need to focus. If I track my food and use my passion for dance to get consistent regular activity, then I shouldn't have any problems really getting things moving again.

I feel like I've been trying so hard to do regular old cardio and weights or P90X, where it was all dvds at home, and I just got tired of those activities. They always say to find a form of exercise you love and then it will be easy to stick with it. This is so cheesy, but dancing for me is like feeding my soul. Lol, god that sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I love dancing. I regularly tap dance (in regular shoes, boots, whatever) while I'm outside with my dogs waiting for them to do their business. Or I'll do a couple ballet moves in my apartment or just start dancing around while I'm doing the dishes. It just makes me happy, in more ways than I can ever express.

Well, I've got some ideas to get myself back on track. I recently broke off a very brief relationship with someone. Had an almost date with a guy who already flaked on me. So it's just time to focus on me and forget about the bullshit. I'd love to get into great shape and celebrate my 30th birthday (August 2nd) feeling wonderful about myself. Here's to my new new beginning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment