Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tap, Tap, Tap!!

Well I had my first tap class yesterday!! I was so excited and nervous all at the same time. At first it was going well and then I fell behind. I'm definitely not quite at the level for the intermediate/experienced class I was in. I knew all of the steps, but they would teach them so quickly and move on to the next step when I still didn't quite have the first set of steps down. I got a decent sweat in. After class the teacher talked to me about trying the straight intermediate class first and then after I get my feet wet a bit and am more comfortable I can move back to the harder class, so that's my plan. I have to check the schedule to see when the class I should be taking is, but I'm definitely going to keep at it.

Also, my friend Sara said she'd take a hip hop or ballet class with me. I'm thinking hip hop would be a fun class for us to take together, so I'm going to see if I can find a class that works with both of our schedules. I've never taken a hip hop class before, but I've always enjoyed dancing to hip hop music and watching hip hop dancers. It should be a fun experience for both of us.

I weighed myself yesterday and again this morning and I weighed in at 170.2 lbs both days, so luckily a few of the extra pounds were water weight that came right off. My goal for tomorrow is 169.8 lbs. Anything less than that is just gravy. My weekly goal is anywhere between 1.4 and 2 lbs per week. 1.4 lbs per week will get me to my goal by June 1st and 2 lbs will obviously just get me there more quickly. Fingers crossed that I'm able to stay motivated and continue tracking my food and be focused on my goal. Hmmm...maybe I should research things I can do to keep me inspired, like an inspiration board or goal pants or something along those lines.

I started my day off with a green smoothie. 3 cups of spinach, 1 cup of almond milk, 1 small banana, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. I think it could've used another tbsp of peanut butter, but I was trying to keep the calories down and that would have tacked on another hundred calories. As it was, it came in at 257 calories. Maybe I'll add ice next time too, just to add a bit more volume to the smoothie.

Today I'm going to do 30 Day Shred and try to keep my calories right around 1200, so I can have a good weigh in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment