Monday, December 1, 2014

I'm back!!!

It has been 2 and a half years since I’ve blogged, wow how time flies!  It’s crazy to think how much my life has changed and where I’m at now compared to where I was when I started this journey 5 years ago (almost to the day!).  I’m living in another state, my home state of WI.  This is nothing new for me, I’ve been here for 4 years now, but when I started the blog I lived in a house in Indianapolis, that I owned, with a boyfriend I had been with for just over 4 years. 

Now I am single, have been for the past 4 ½ years (excluding a few short term things here and there).  I live with 2 roommates that I work with.  It’s a double edged sword.  I get help with my dogs, which is huge, since I didn’t intend to have 2 dogs and be solely responsible for making sure they get let out often enough, get exercise, etc.  So that’s a fairly large amount of work that is lessened by having roommates who also have dogs.  Plus, it is significantly cheaper than it was living alone (I’m talking $500 cheaper per month - that's $6,000 a year!!).  The flip side is that I’m a 32 year old woman and I like my independence.  I like my alone time.  You don’t get a whole lot of that with roommates.  I also wonder what men think when they find out I have roommates.  Does it make me seem like perhaps I don't have my life together and make me less appealing?  Who knows.  But for now the help with dogs and the money savings make it worth it.

So what brings me back to blogging you ask?  Coming here every day and writing about my successes and failures was a huge part of the reason why I did succeed.  I firmly believe that by setting and writing down goals for myself I was infinitely more successful than if I hadn’t done that.  I am still in the process of working on my health and my journey is ongoing, as it always will be.  I don’t think this will ever be something that comes easy to me, but health is an important part of my life.

Let’s get to my current state of affairs.  I’m weighing in at 179.0 lbs as of this morning…eesh.  A lot of that is from eating WAAAAAAYYY too much over Thanksgiving weekend (yes I said weekend, because that’s what it ended up being for me, oy vey!).  I suspect that a few pounds will fall off fairly easily this week.  I’ve been hovering more in the 170-173 range, so hopefully I’ll see a quick drop this week.  I could use a win in this department!

Time for some goals!  I’m currently doing the 21 Day Fix and I intend to complete this program.  I’m on Day 4, so I’ll weigh myself on December 19th to see where I end up!  By the end of the program my goal is to be 169 or less.  Hopefully I’ll blow that out of the water, but I want to stay realistic and set some goals I can be successful at reaching!  My goal for the end of this month will be 167 lbs.  Let’s do this!

In order to reach my goal I will complete the 21 Day Fix.  After I finish it I will either repeat it or pick a different program to work on.  I will also track my food every.single.day.  This is the only way to ensure success.  It’s just too damn easy to eat too much when you don’t track it!  Tracking is key.  So that’s it; workout and track my food.  Should be easy right??  Right…lol!


I have some other goals I intend to share with you, but for now I’ll end this with a quote.  Failure is not a tattoo, it’s a bruise.  Just because you’ve failed in the past doesn’t mean you’re a failure and that you can never succeed!  Put in the work toward whatever goals you may have and prove to yourself that you’re not a failure.  Don’t let your past define your future.  Let’s do this!

Picture is from 11/6/14.  Loose fitting top to the rescue!  Let's drop some pounds, so I can be comfortable in my skin again!  

1 comment: