Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Back At It

Well I'm back!!!  Unfortunately I have put 24.4 pounds back on since my low in June '12.  It's not fun to admit that I was less than 15 pounds from my goal and now I'm 39 pounds away...not fun at all.  What's important, though, is that I'm not going to let this go any further.  Last night I just decided enough is enough.

I knew I needed to give myself a kick in the pants, so I brought out my blog started at the beginning and began to read.  It was definitely enlightening going back through the process, remembering how my life was at that point and seeing myself work through the challenges, some of which I still face today.  I read through about a year of it and definitely see how far I've come, how healthy I am compared to where I began and how I can take some of my old tools and apply them today to tackle this challenge.

One big positive I have going is I have a new man in my life!  Jim and I have been dating for nearly 6 months (September 17th will be our 6 month anniversary).  Over the past 6 years of being single I've done my fair share of dating, but nothing ever seemed to fit.  I had a lot of short lived romances, but nothing ever got serious.

Enter Jim, and it's just right.  We look at life the same way, we're both positive, we both care about health, we have similar goals in life, etc.  Jim has lost 100 pounds over the past year or so.  I couldn't be more proud of what he's accomplished and I'm very happy to have someone by my side who has been there and who is motivated to make good choices and live a healthy life.  He's very different in that regard from my ex and that makes it so much easier for me to make better choices and not have a partner who's making it challenging for me to meet my goals and constantly testing my willpower.  Jim actually makes it easier for me, which I'm incredibly grateful for.  On top of that he's just fun to be around and we always have a great time together.  No complaints from me, here he is!  :-)



Ok, back to my personal health goals.  I've set the following goals for September:

  1. Track my food daily 
  2. Eat less than 1,500 calories
  3. Workout 5 times per week
  4. Burn 12,000 calories from exercise in September
  5. Burn 3,000 calories from exercise each week
Setting specific food and exercise goals each month is what worked before, so that's what I'm doing now.  I'm going to try to get back into planning tasty meals.  Over the past few months I've tried cooking chicken in bulk, with no real plan as to what I'd eat with it, and I never wanted to eat it because it was so boring.  Tonight I'm going to the store to get what I need to make chicken curry (one of my old recipes) and I'll be making that up tonight.  It'll be baking in the oven while I get a run in.

Oh yeah, I'm a runner now!  Even though I've put on weight, I've also become a half marathoner!  I've run two so far.  One last summer and another one this June with Jim!  He actually picked up running to impress me, which is incredibly sweet.  Like I said, he's a great influence in my life.  But yeah, I enjoy running and that's definitely a frequent part of my exercise routine.


I'll be back to weekly weigh-ins and monthly measurements to track my progress.  I feel like my head is finally in the right place and I definitely have the support system to help make it happen.  I'm excited to see what I can accomplish this month!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you did, “going back through the process.” Impressed with you two half-marathons. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete